Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Currently Reading and TBR

 Right now I am reading Every Last Promise, a dark contemporary dealing with abuse, by Kristin Halbrook. However, I'm really enjoying what I'm reading. This is my first novel of hers and I haven't heard that much about it. The plot focuses on former popular girl Kayla and her return to school after a fateful spring night.  It's mystery-esque because as a reader, you don't know what happened to Kayla that made her leave town for the summer. It's told in two point of views: Spring and Fall. I'm really looking forward to how the story is going to progress and when the two timelines make sense in how they're related. So far, I am really enjoying this book and would not be surprised if this made it onto my 2015 favorites shelf. Halbrook has also written two other novels, Nobody But Us and Surfacing. If the story continues on as it is, I will definitely be recommending this and checking out her other books. Relatively short with 288 pages, I'm sure I will fly through this!

As for what books I'll be reading the next couple days, I'm planning on both A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and Fairest by Marissa Meyer. Both are installments in a fantasy series, but that is where the similarities end. Known as ACOTAR, A Court of Thorns and Roses is the first book in the new fantasy series by Sarah J. Maas. Fairest is the fourth book in Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles, which is ending later this year with Winter. I'm really looking foward to both. I am very much looking foward to these books due to all the hype surrounding them! Both of these novels have more than a 4.0 rating on Goodreads, so I'm really excited.  Hopefully they won't disappoint! After these two, I don't really know what to read next. I have The Replaced by Kimberly Derting, The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski, and Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins. That's what I'm planning on reading for the next week! What are you planning on reading? Comment down below and thanks for viewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment