Monday, October 17, 2016

Currently Reading/TBR: A Promise of Fire, The Diabolic

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be showing you the books I am currently reading and planning to read soon!

I just finished A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet this morning, and have already moved on to the sequel, A Breath of Fire. I absolutely loved the first book. Cat, the main protagonist, is such a badass and I loved her POV. I was elated to see that I was approved for the Netgalley of it's sequel. So far, I am only around 10% in A Breath of Fire right now. I like where I think the story is going and I cannot fathom the book hangover I will be in once I finish it. Bouchet's series is my first adult fantasy I've read, and I'm adoring it!


After reading A Breath of Fire, I want to go back and finish Interwined by Gena Showalter. I put it down around 70% last week and just didn't make the final push. I like the story enough, but it is not holding my attention like White Rabbit Chronicles did. I'm essentially having the same issues with Interwined that I did with Firstlife. The characters just aren't dynamic enough for me. 


 I'm also planning to read The Diabolic later this month. I have an ARC of it, and I want to finish it before its November 1st release date. Many of my friends have liked it, so I have high hopes! I don't know too much about it except that it is YA science fiction and has major buzz surrounding it. 

What are you currently reading? Have you read any of the books I mentioned? What did you think?



Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

4 comments:

  1. Wooohooo! I loved A Promise of Fire and The Diabolic (both of which you knew)! I've been putting off Breath of Fire because it's publishing in January but I'm getting to it next month. YAY. I hope you are loving it, Gennifer!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your review of The Diabolic was the final push for me to decide to read it this month! I hope I like it as much as you did. And I am loving it!

      Delete
  2. I've read a short sampler of Diabolic and it sounded really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! That makes me look forward to it even more.

      Delete