Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Footnotes Link Up!

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I am participating in a new link up created by Ahsley G at [oddly novel title] and Emily at Ink, Inc. Basically every month they give out a different prompt and we share a quote fitting it! This is the first month it's starting, and I really like the idea of it! 

If you want to know more, you can go here for Ahsley's post and here for Emily's!  

So this month's prompt is: a quote from an author. 

Immediately I went to my goodread's quote page and see which ones I liked this best. I also discovered a new quote that I quite like, so yay! I have three quotes to share (sorry, I couldn't help myself) so let's get cracking! 

Okay, starting off with the first (and longest!) quote from We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han! 
I just...love this quote so much. Jenny Han's Summer trilogy is one of my favorites, and this quote really explains why. This quote is just so real. Jenny Han really encapsulates the feeling you get when you know something is over, and you don't want it to be. This series is very near and dear to my heart, and if you haven't read it, I implore you to do so! 


This is a quote from When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon. I just love the book! It's so sweet and endearing, Rishi especially! I absolutely love this quote from When Dimple Met Rishi! Like We'll Always Have Summer, I urge you to read When Dimple Met Rishi. It's timely, diverse, and like a warm hug. 


And finally, this quote by Bernard M. Baruch! He's had several published works according to goodreads, but Bernarnd Baruch is more known for being an American financier, stock investor, philanthropist, statesman, and political consultant, according to Wikipedia. Whatever profession he had, I love this piece of advise. It's so hard to be yourself sometimes, and I think this quote is good to keep in mind!

So, that's it for this month's footnotes! I look forward to doing this again in September!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!


6 comments:

  1. Genni! First things, thank you so much for linking up, I'm so glad you've got involved! And thank you for following Ink, Inc. <3

    Love this selection! I really want to read When Dimple Met Rishi, and that quotation is brilliant! Such a good description. I like him already. As for the lines from Jenny Han, they're beautiful. "What I didn't expect to feel was so much grief." I was talking to a friend recently about having your heart broken, and the feelings you have for the person you've lost, and my friend said, "it's grief, isn't it?" He is right! That quotation really encapsulates it, as you said.

    Thanks again for linking up! Hope to see you around, and be around this blog, lots more! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily! You're welcome! I really love the idea of this link up, so I had to participate!

      Thanks. :) When Dimple Met Rishi was such a cute book, and a lot of it is very quotable! Rishi is such a good guy! It was really refreshing to read a book that wasn't a about a bad or mysterious boy. Jenny Han really knows how to put feelings into words. It's what makes me one of my favorite authors!

      You're welcome! You'll definitely be seeing me! :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the first two books you quoted but I absolutely have to read When Dimple Met Rishi! And, that last quote is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Dimple Met Rishi was like a warm hug personified into a book. It was just so darling! I hope you love it Lauren. :) I do too! It's a new one to me, but I'm trying to really keep it in mind.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of those books. But I really like the last paragraph of that first quote! Thanks so much for joining up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend both of them! They're both five star reads, but We'll Always Have Summer has a special place in my heart! The last paragraph is my favorite part of the quote as well!

      Delete