Monday, August 14, 2017

Make Me Read It Readathon // How Did I Do??

Hi everyone and welcome back (or to!!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be talking about how I did in the Make Me Read It Readathon. The readathon was from the 6th to the 13th of August, and I had tons of fun!

If you want to know more about the readathon, the rules, etc. then check out my original post here! The readathon is hosted by Ely @ Tea and Tiles and Val @ The Innocent Smiley! This was my second year participating, and I was pretty successful!

First, let's talk about the results of the poll! Here are the order of the books from most voted to least voted: 


1) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
2) The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid
3) PS I Like You by Kasie West
4) The Reader by Traci Chee
5) Compusion by Martina Boone
6) Brave New Girl by Rachel Vincent
7) A Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
8) Infinity by Jus Accardo

The first day of the readathon (6th) , I didn't actually read any of these books! I was still trying to finish Recreated by Colleen Houck (my review is here!) and managed to finish it by mid-day. 

I don't remember the exact timeline, but I finished three books from the list above! I didn't have a set goal, and I was pretty proud of myself! I also read two other books outside the top three (Recreated by Colleen Hoover and Frostblood by Ely Blake) so I actually read 5 books in the seven days!


First, I read The Wrath and the Dawn! I really enjoyed it, and I don't have any exact complaints, but the x factor wasn't there to make me love it. I did love the romance, the political intrigue, and the magic. I'm really looking forward to reading the sequel. Soon, too! 

Then, I went and read The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid! I heard amazing things from my friends over at Quail Ridge Books, and on the blogopshere in general. And guys, they were all worth it. Out of the three books I read for this readathon, this was the book I liked the most. It's not a favorite of the year, but it's pretty darn close. I'm very excited for the sequel, The Empress!

 
Lastly, I read PS I Like You by Kasie West. If you don't know, my reading experience with West books has been a mixed bag. I really didn't like The Fill in Boyfriend, and I thought By Your Side was cute and refreshing, but not anything spectacular. However, I really liked PS I Like You. It was a super quick and fun read, and I know I'll be reading more of West in the future! 

So that's how I did in the readathon! I'm pretty proud of myself. I plan on reading the next couple books (The Reader and Compulsion especially) really soon as well, considering I'm participating in a readathon right now! Check out my TBR for The Reading Quest here

And that's my wrap up for the readathon! I had a ton of fun this year, and did a lot better than last. I was also able to do some sprints with other bloggers, and that was my favorite part of the whole experience!! I will definitely be participating next year! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

14 comments:

  1. AH I`ll have to check out that readathon youre doing now. I really want something to get my butt into gear to read some books on my TBR!

    Ive been hearing that Kasie West books are a mixed bag for a lot of people. Ive been meaning to try one of her books. I just downloaded Pivot Point by her so we shall see how that goes.

    I hope you like the sequel to The Wrath and the Dawn. I loved that series. The romance was A+.

    Congrats on 5 books in 7 days!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started yesterday, but it is so original and fun! Maybe you can join late!!

      I remember trying to read Pivot Point in 2012, and liked it but not enough to continue reading it. It was actually one of the first books I DNF'ed! I wouldn't mind trying again, so it's not too bad!

      Fingers crossed I do! I absolutely loved the romance is the first book, and it's bound to be even better in the sequel!

      Thank you! And thanks for the wonderful comment as well. :)

      Delete
  2. I definitely want to try The Diabolic soon! It sounds great!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't do so good with this readathon as my focus were else where last week :) But I did finish 2 books from the list which was Fangirl and A Monster Calls. http://latteandabook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand! That's what happened to me last year. Two is better than none! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, you did great! Glad you enjoyed what you read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I really hit the jackpot with this readathon. :)

      Delete
  5. Well done! I've not read any of these, but I'm keen for The Wrath and the Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Wrath and the Dawn was an excellent opening book! I understand why so many people love it now. :)

      Delete
  6. I didn't read any of my books listed. But I did listen to 3 books via audiobook :/ I still feel like I failed it.

    I was meant to start with the Wrath and the Dawn............ and yet. Nothing. Oops.

    https://constantravingreviews.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be down on yourself! Three books is really impressive, and them being audiobooks make it more impressive for me! It always takes me at least 5 days to listen to an audiobook, and you did three in seven! That's mind boggling!

      There will be a day for The Wrath and the Dawn! I hope you love it. :)

      Delete
  7. wow great job! congrats! I have to go back and finish diabolic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It really picks up around the halfway point, in my opinion. I hope you love it! :D

      Delete