Friday, August 11, 2017

The Friday 56 with Book Beginnings! No. 10

Hey everyone adn welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Friday 56 and Book Beginnings. They are hosted by Freda's Voice and Rose City Reader, respectively!

The rules are simple for both. For the Friday 56, we turn to page 56 or 56% in our e-reader and highlight a passage of any book! Book Beginnings is where you feature the first sentence (or so) of a book and give your thoughts and impressions.

Book Beginnings

This is the opening line for P.S. I Like You by Kasie West! As I'm writing this, I just finished my second book for the Make Me Read It Readathon, and this was the third pick! I hope to finish it in a day, simply because it is a cute and not too long (326 pages) contemporary. Plus, it helps that I'm in a total contemporary mood after my last three or so books being fantasy! This beginning really drew me in, and the only reason I didn't continue reading is because I have an early morning ahead of me! P.S. I Like You is about a boy and a girl who start talking on a desk. Lily scribbles her favorite song lyrics onto her desk, and the next day there is a response! It sounds just super cute and might get pretty teen-angsty too, which I'm all for.


Friday 56

This is the first sentence on page 56 of The Reader by Traci Chee in the hardback edition. This was my fourth pick for the readathon. I don't know if I'll finish it by the time the readathon is done, but I hope to make some headway! I have no idea what has happened before this sentence, but I'm intrigued! Here's hoping I like it! I don't know too much about The Reader, except that it is the first in a fantasy series and is also a debut novel for the author. I know the world is set in the future where there are no books, and the main character happens upon one that might contain answers. To what, I don't know! But it's enough to get her kidnapped by the looks of it! 


So those were my Book Beginnings and Friday 56! Have you read either P.S. I Like You or The Reader? What did you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

14 comments:

  1. Both book look really interesting. Here is the link to my Friday 56: https://coffeeandcatsblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/11/friday-56-39-cowboys-are-my-weakness/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say at least that the first one is! I'm about to crack open The Reader right now! I'll be sure to stop by. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I always find it fun to do graphics and what not. :)

      Delete
  3. The Reader has been on my TBR since before it came out! But middling reviews made me put it on the backburner. Shoot me a tweet when you finish it and let me know how you liked it? And/or send me a link to your review! (@EllnBaldwin) Happy Friday, Genni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I've heard nothing but praise. I'm lowering my expectations a bit so I'm not disappointed! Yeah, I definitely will! Following you right now on Twitter so I'll make sure and remember. :D Thank you Ellen!

      Delete
  4. They both sound good, but the fantasy element in the 56 would have me coming back for more. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, that was the quote that intrigued me the most as well! Fantasy is my weakness. :D Thanks! Have an awesome weekend Freda!

      Delete
  5. I enjoy everything by Kasie West! My next pick for my Make Me Read It Readathon is her newest one. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I've read more than two books by her, I like her as well! I've only disliked one (The Fill in Boyfriend), and I was definitely the black sheep in that case. I hope you love her newest one Kay!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I found some good ones this week! I'll be sure and visit your post! :)

      Delete
  7. I hope you end up enjoying The Reader more than I did, Genni.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I haven't even started it, so I don't know if I will right now!

      Delete