Friday, August 4, 2017

The Friday 56 with Book Beginnings! No. 9

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Friday 56 and Book Beginnings. They are hosted by Freda's Voice and Rose City Reader, respectively.

The rules are simple for both. For the Friday 56, we turn to page 56 or 56% in our e-reader and highlight a passage of any book! Book Beginnings is where you feature the first sentence (or so) of a book and give your thoughts and impressions.


Book Beginnings

This actually isn't the opening line of this book, but actually the first sentence of the second paragraph! I was just approved for on Netgalley! Achilles by Greg Boose in the first in the Deep Sky Saga and follows Jonah Lincoln, an orphaned teenager who is one out of a 177 person crew on the Mayflower 2, a spaceship. He's being sent to an Earthlike planet,Thetis, after a tragedy kills many of the colonists. However, the ship crash lands on Thetis' moon, Achilles. Even better, all the adult disappear...YAY! This sounds right up my ally and I was looking for a new space adventure after I read Nyxia by Scott Reintgen. After I finish the book I'm featuring for the Friday 56, I am hopping onto this one!


Friday 56
 This is at the 56 percent mark from Plauge Land by Alex Scarrow. I recently started reading this, and it's pretty good so far! I actually requested this via Netgalley also, but a previous edition of the book under a different name (Re-made) is available right now. I'm assuming it's being reprinted with a couple changes here and there! I'm not too far in, but I'm enjoying it! Plague Land is about, you guessed it, a plague that kills people within the hour. Leon has just moved from England to New Jersey, and follow him and his younger sister Grace as they try to survive. 

All right! So those were my two picks this week for Book Beginnings and Friday 56!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

6 comments:

  1. You've left me wanting more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! And I'm also getting a copy of Achilles in the mail soon! Yay!

    Plague Land also looks fascinating :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I hope you like Achilles!! It's one I'm really looking forward to cracking open! I just have to finish two other books. :D

      Delete
  3. Both of these sound good - thanks for sharing! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope they actually are! Thanks for stopping by Lauren. :)

      Delete