Monday, August 28, 2017

The Longest Book Tag!

I was tagged by Lys from The Mad Reader to do this tag!! Thanks so much Lys. :) Lys is a super cool blogger! She's actually a French blogger, and one of the first books she read in English was Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix! Isn't that cool?


The Rules:
1. Make a list of the five longest books you've ever read.
2. Select two of the longest books on your TBR.
3. Discuss.
4. Tag others

Longest Books I've Read

 

Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer
Pages: 827
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare
Pages: 726
Gemina (The Illuminae Files #2) by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
Pages:672
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
Pages: 608
The Winter King (Weahtermages of Mystral #1) by C.L. Wilson  
Pages: 595

All right! Here are some pretty long books! And funny thing is, I gave all of these 4.5 stars or higher. All of these are fantasy/sci fi as well, which doesn't surprise me. With contemporary books, there isn't as much need for world-building like there is in fantasy/sci-fi. All of these books have such an intricate plot, and I love them to bits. I don't know which one is my favorite, though. Winter is the last book in one of my favorite series, The Lunar Chronicles. City of Heavenly Fire is the last book in The Mortal Instruments, which was a series that improved with every book. Gemina is the sequel to Illuminae, and both of those are fantastic and ooze with originality. And The Winter King is the first book in an adult fantasy series. The second book wasn't going to be published, and now it is, and I cannot be happier. Out of all of these, I only own Winter and Illuminae! The rest are definitely on my list to buy!


Longest Books on my TBR! 


The Bronze Horseman (Bronze Horseman #1) by Paullina Simons
Pages: 810
A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR #2) by Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 624

So funny thing is, I don't see myself reading these books anytime soon. There are always new books coming out, new things I want to read. I've heard people have issues with both of these books being problematic. To be honest, I think everything can be problematic if we look at it through different lenses, but I have no real push to read either of these. Out of the two, I'm more likely to read ACOMAF, simply because I love Rhys and want to see him and Feyre together.  

I tag...
Lauren @ Always Me
Amy @ A Magical World of Words
Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader
Marie @ Pages to Explore

if you want to do this tag, then I tag you!! Have fun. :D

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

13 comments:

  1. This is such a fun tag, can't wait to do this one! Gemina and Illuminae are the two I've read and I love em, they're so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm looking forward to your answers. :) Yes, they are such a blast to read!

      Delete
  2. I've read the first four books on your list - all were great!

    I actually just did this tag - check my post out here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike. :) Oh! I'm sorry for tagging you then!! Thanks for visiting Lauren!

      Delete
  3. *tries not to blush*.

    Winter is such a good book. To be honest, I didn't expect to like it as much.
    Oooh I heard that the Bronze Horseman was problematic but I haven't heard anything about ACOMAF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how good it was too! I definitely lowered my expectations after hearing people were a little disappointed, but it surpassed all my expectations!
      Apparently ACOMAF just has a controlling love ineterest...I haven't heard as much about ACOMAF being problematic as I have with The Bronze Horseman.

      Thanks again for tagging me Lys! 💛

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, I didn't realise the Illuminae books were so long! Yikes! Haha

    Thanks so much for tagging me! I'll definitely be doing this post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty chunky, but it goes by really fast because if the formatting of the books. So they aren't as intimidating as they could be! :)

      Looking forward to seeing it! :D

      Delete
  5. Thank you for tagging me! Also I agree with you, everything can be problematic if we look at it like that. I still need to finish Cress and then move on to Winter. So many books and so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you love Cress! I think I'm due for a reread of the series. :) Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I AM SO OBSESSED WITH WINTER RIGHT NOW. LIKE. SO. OBSESSED. It's been more than a week since I finished it but I just thought it was amaaazing! Definitely the best of the series! I loved Scarlet and Cress (actually didn't think Cinder was that great) but Winter totally BLEW ME AWAY. My heart is overflowing with love for that book, oh man!

    I had no idea that Illuminae and Gemina were so long! I've never seen them in real life, only as covers on blogs/GR, and I always imagined them as short, I think? That's so strange. I never even realised I had a perception of how long they might be, until reading this post. It's weird, books you "know" online but have never seen in real life! Kinda like people ... XD

    PS I just added you on GR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH I'm so sorry that I haven't responded until now!! I saw there was an even number of comments and assumed I replied to everyone! I'm also *the worst* when it comes to responding to GR requests, so I just added you! Ahh I feel awful!!

      Haha, no, Cinder wasn't that great, but my 15 year old self adored it. :D I really like Cress, and I'm pretty sure that's my favorite. But Cress is arguably my favorite character, so that makes sense.

      Oh yeah, they are HUGE! By they pass by quickly because of their structure. There are rarely full pages of text in the books, which is quite refreshing!

      Once again, sorry it took me so long! :D

      Delete