Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #39

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday. WoW was hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Every week we showcase an upcoming release we are excited about. Jill hasn't been posting for quite some time, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted and renamed WoW to Can't Wait Wednesday.

My pick for this week  is Last Star Burning by Caitlin Sangster!
Sev is branded with the mark of a criminal—a star burned into her hand. That’s the penalty for being the daughter of the woman who betrayed their entire nation.

Now her mother’s body is displayed above Traitor’s Arch, kept in a paralyzed half sleep by the same plague that destroyed the rest of the world. And as further punishment, Sev is forced to do hard labor to prove that she’s more valuable alive than dead.

When the government blames Sev for a horrific bombing, she must escape the city or face the chopping block. Unimaginable dangers lurk outside the city walls, and Sev’s only hope of survival lies with the most unlikely person—Howl, the chairman’s son. Though he promises to lead her to safety, Howl has secrets, and Sev can’t help but wonder if he knows more about her past—and her mother’s crimes—than he lets on.

But in a hostile world, trust is a luxury. Even when Sev’s life and the lives of everyone she loves may hang in the balance.

Why I'm Waiting

 I've been seeing this around the blogosphere, and the synopsis completely sold me! This sounds like such a badass YA release, and it's going to be out pretty soon. Last Star Burning hits shelves on October 10th, so I hope to get my hands on it soon from my local library. I love the idea of two people from completely different sides working together. 

Are you looking forward to Last Star Burning?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni  @ Ready, Set, Read!

30 comments:

  1. Ooooh you're right, this does sound badass!! I love the concept. And the cover is so cool, too!
    Hope we both enjoy this when we read it!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the concept of it as well! The fact that her mother is in a paralysis as a way of punishment is pretty menacing and clever. Here's hoping!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds intriguing! Heard about it recently and it's immediately on my watch list! Lol!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same thing happened with me! I saw it and was immediately convinced.

      Delete
  3. This sounds excellent! Why had I not heard of this book before?! Thank you for posting about it. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful day, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I posted about it then!! Thank you Alyssa. You as well! :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this one, it is a new one to me. I like the sounds of it. Nice pick!

    Jenea's Book Obsession's Can't-Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks Jenea. I'll be sure to stop by. :)

      Delete
  5. I've seen this one, but never read what it was actually about. Now I'm intrigued! Thanks for sharing it, and thanks for stopping by my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is definitely a draw in, but the synopsis is really the seller! You're welcome. :D

      Delete
  6. I've been waiting for this one for a while now. Hopefully your library is quick to get it. Sometimes it takes my library 2 months after release to actually get it :/
    I hope we both enjoy this one
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My library is normally super quick; they preorder them and everything! It helps that there is a way to request them to buy something. Hopefully your library improves or has a way to request them to buy something!

      Delete
  7. The blurb has my attention too! Plus that very alluring cover! Great pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! The cover really drew me in the first time I saw it! Thanks for stopping by Shane! :)

      Delete
  8. This is already on my list, great pick! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! Fingers crossed it works out for both of us. :)

      Delete
  9. This sounds really great! I definitely need to add it to my TBR! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Crystal Book Snob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you added it! You're welcome! Thanks for coming on by here. :)

      Delete
  10. I love that beautiful cover, and the book sounds so intriguing! Thanks so much for bringing this one to my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!! The cover is stunning; they did a great job designing it!

      Delete
  11. The cover really draws you in. And you're right the mother's punishment is really menacing. Thanks for sharing it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is what stole my attention initially! Thanks Laura. :)

      Delete
  12. This does sound good, and wow that's a tough premise! Between that and the killer cover I'm interestd in this one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! It seems a bit more high stakes than a usual fantasy!

      Delete
  13. Whoa, this sounds really good (and a little bit familiar. I may have already added it to my TBR!)

    New follower via GFC, G+, and Bloglovin! :)
    Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Lit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know the feeling! I have so many books on my TBR I forget whether or not I've added a book at times. :)

      Oh my gosh thank you so much! That's so kind. I'll be sure to return the favor. :D

      Delete
  14. This sounds like it could be awesome! Thanks for sharing, Genni. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping that it is! Thanks for stopping by Lauren. :D

      Delete
  15. Ooooohhh, YAAAAAASS!!! This looks all sorts of AWESOME!!! And I LOVE that cover!!

    I had not heard of this book before, but now, right now, I'm adding it to my Goodreads shelves!! ABSOLUTELY!! :) :)

    Thanks so much for sharing your AMAZING pick!! Thanks as well for commenting on my CWW post!! Sorry for the late comment back....:( Hope you have a WONDERFUL week!! HUGS!!!! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! That cover is beautiful !! :D

      I'm so glad I convinced you!! I hope you absolutely love it!

      You're welcome! :D It's totally fine, I've done worse! Thank you! You too! :)

      Delete