Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #41

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday. WoW was hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Every week we showcase an upcoming release we are excited about. Jill hasn't been posting for quite some time, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted and renamed WoW to Can't Wait Wednesday.

My pick for this week Fireblood by Elly Blake!
In this action-packed sequel to Frostblood, the future of Ruby's world and a court ruled by the love of her life depends on the uncovered secrets of her past..

Against all odds, Ruby has defeated the villainous Frost King and melted his throne of ice. But the bloodthirsty Minax that was trapped inside is now haunting her kingdom and everyone she loves. The answers to its demise may lie to the south in Sudesia, the land of the Firebloods, and a country that holds the secrets to Ruby's powers and past....

Despite warnings from her beloved Arcus, Ruby accompanies a roguish Fireblood named Kai to Sudesia, where she must master her control of fire in a series of trials to gain the trust of the suspicious Fireblood queen. Only then can she hope to access the knowledge that could defeat the rampaging Minax--which grows closer every moment. But as sparks fly in her moments alone with Kai, how can Ruby decide whom to trust? The fate of both kingdoms is now in her hands.

 Why I'm Waiting
I just finished Frostblood by Elly Blake on the 13th, and really liked it! At first it read just like any other standard YA fantasy novel, but I was really enjoying it by the halfway mark. The characters are what completely sold me in the story, as well as the romance! I really loved how every character was distinct, and the romance was very well done. The only thing that makes me a bit hesitant to pick this up right away is teh hint of a love triangle. Hopefully that doesn't take up too much of the plot. Plus, no one is going to come between Ruby and Arcus for me! 

Have you read Frostblood? What did you think? Are you looking forward to the sequel?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

30 comments:

  1. AWESOME pick! I still haven't read Frostblood, but I am DYING to. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! The premise is so amazing, and the covers for both books are gorgeous.
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It's pretty darn good! Yes!! The covers are stunning, which definitely was a factor to why I read the book so soon. :)

      I'll be sure to visit!!

      Delete
  2. Soooo cannot wait to read this one! I failed in getting an ARC of it much to my dismay since I read the first one as such, but I still can't wait see what happens next month!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that you didn't get an ARC! At least it's getting released pretty soon, so you don't have to wait that long anymore!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you liked Frostbloid! I did too and I'm so excited to read Fireblood. The wait for Darkblood will be torture!

    I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it! Have a fantastic day, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did! Oh god, it definitely will be! I imagine that the ending to the second book will be a cliffhanger. :)

      Thank you Alyssa! I hope you like it as well!

      Delete
  4. Glad you ended up enjoying the first one. Hope you find this one just as good or even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping! Now that exposition is done with, I think I'll like the sequel even more. :)

      Delete
  5. aaahhh, ohmygosh. I've been eyeing this series but I still haven't had the chance to grab it. sooo great to know you enjoyed Frost Blood! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh I hope you pick it up czai! I'd love to hear your thoughts. The first half isn't that imaginative, but there's a part of the plot that I found to be very unique and allowed the book to be set apart from most fantasy!

      Delete
  6. I was worried about the love triangle too when I read Fireblood but all I will is say that while it's worrisome at times, don't worry!

    I hope you love it as much as I do!

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! I have started to not really like love tiranlges that much anymore. I used to not mind them, but now it's pretty predictable to figure out who will end up with who. Almost all the time the second guy isn't endgame, so I don't see the point in introducing him.

      Fingers crossed! Thanks for the heads up. :)

      Delete
  7. I will definitely have to check out the first book, cuz this one sounds great! Nice pick!

    Jenea's Book Obsession's Can't-Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it Jenea! I think it's pretty good!! :)

      Delete
  8. My favorite type of YA is fantasy, but I'm not familiar with this series or author. I will definitely have to remedy that. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to say fantasy is my favorite as well! This is a sequel to a debut book, so I'm not too surprised that you haven't heard of it! I hope you read and like it. :)

      Delete
  9. This is a great pick! I haven't read Frostblood, but it's on my TBR. I'm certain I'll enjoy it if you liked it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika!! I hope you like it as much as I did! :)

      Delete
  10. Oooh! I need to pick up this series soon! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you do!! I hope you love it Ronyell! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I have the first book, but have yet to read it. *shame* I hope you like book 2 as much as book 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, isn't that the story with all of us? So many books, and a lot get lost in the way! Thank you Sam. :D

      Delete
  12. I have heard so much about this series I understand why you are excited :) Hope you enjoy it as much as book 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gotten a lot of good reviews recently! In my opinion, well deserved. Thank you!

      Delete
  13. I've seen a few reviews say that, that Frostblood started out kinda like a run of the mill YA fantasy but then got really good. Looks like a fun series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By halfway it really started to become it's own unique novel! Worth the wait in my opinon!

      Delete