Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #44

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday. WoW was hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Every week we showcase an upcoming release we are excited about. Jill hasn't been posting for quite some time, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted and renamed WoW to Can't Wait Wednesday.


For this week, I chose Satellite by Nick Late, due out October 3rd!
A teenage boy born in space makes his first trip to Earth.

He’s going to a place he’s never been before: home.

Moon 2 is a space station that orbits approximately 250 miles above Earth. It travels 17,500 miles an hour, making one full orbit every ninety minutes. It’s also the only home that fifteen-year-old Leo and two other teens have ever known.

Born and raised on Moon 2, Leo and the twins, Orion and Libra, are finally old enough and strong enough to endure the dangerous trip to Earth. They’ve been “parented” by teams of astronauts since birth and have run countless drills to ready themselves for every conceivable difficulty they might face on the flight.

But has anything really prepared them for life on terra firma? Because while the planet may be home to billions of people, living there is more treacherous than Leo and his friends could ever have imagined, and their very survival will mean defying impossible odds.
Why I'm Waiting

 First, that cover. I mean, I love it!! Second, teens in space! This is everything I've ever wanted. This book was practically written for me. Satellite seems like a great spin on your classic coming of age story. And hopefully, there will be some scenes in space too! :D

Are you looking forward to Satellite? Have you ever read anything by Nick Lake?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading! 

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

24 comments:

  1. I'm not mad on space stuff, so I don't think this is my kind of read. But the cover is striking!
    Hope you love it when you read it, Genni :)
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has different tastes! :D I agree, the cover is striking! That might be the perfect word for it. :) Thanks for stopping by Amy!!

      Delete
  2. That's a new to me one! Space books are kind of hit or miss for me, but I have read a few that I've really enjoyed! Hope you love this one once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that! I can't remember off the top of my head a book set in space I didn't enjoy, but I'm sure I'll come across one someday! Maybe it will be this one...but hopefully not! Thanks for commenting Jessica!

      Delete
  3. This sounds cute, really similar to a movie I just saw, "The Space Between Us," about a kid born on Mars who comes back to earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched The Space Between Us! I thought it was really cheesy and cliche, but it still pulled at my heartstrings. Did you like it?

      Delete
    2. I did, I thought it was cute! But yeah, a bit cheesy!

      Delete
    3. I'm glad you liked it! It just didn't work for me, unfortunately! The premise was really interesting!

      Delete
  4. I'm pretty sure I've read a Nick Lake before but can't remember the name right off the top of my head. Sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked him up on goodreads and he has quite a handful of books published! I'm surprised this is the first I'm hearing of him!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read anything that had to with space in a while, so this does sounds pretty good. Thanks for sharing it. I hope you get to read and enjoy it.

    Jenea's Book Obsession's CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Jenea! I've only read a couple space books this year, so I'm looking forward to diving back in!

      Delete
  6. Firs time hearing about this one. I'm not sure if its the book for me, but I'll add it to my TBR :)
    I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I introduced you! I'm not surprised that it's not everyone's cup of tea. :) Thanks!!

      Delete
  7. The cover is definitely eye catching and the books sounds really good. Enjoy!

    Renee ~ My CWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Here's hoping it's as good inside and it is out. :)

      Delete
  8. Oooh! This sounds like an awesome read! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover IS pretty neat! I'd not heard of this book - actually, I don't think I've heard of the author either! October 3rd is not too bad though. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of the author until now either! When I looked at his goodreads, he had probably 4 or 5 YA books, so I was utterly shocked! Thanks so much Alyssa. Have a wonderful week too!

      Delete
  10. I have this one but haven't read it yet, but I have high hopes! It does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on it Greg! Fingers crossed. :)

      Delete
  11. Not entirely sure this is my cup of tea, but man, that cover is on point! I love it -- it's quirky, but totally says sci-fi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the cover! It really executes the plot of it all without being in your face. :) Thanks for visiting Verushka!

      Delete