Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #51

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday. WoW was hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Every week we showcase an upcoming release we are excited about. Jill hasn't been posting for quite some time, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted and renamed WoW to Can't Wait Wednesday.
For this week, I chose Surge by Melissa West, out February 5, 2018!
They’re running out of time…

Sixteen-year-old alien Val Stone was born for one mission—to kill teenage Randolf “Rolf” Cartier before he fulfills an age-old prophecy, becomes the future American president, and murderers thousands of her kind. Val is ready to sacrifice herself for the good of her people. She knows every aspect of Rolf’s life and is prepared to strike.

But what she doesn’t know is that Rolf’s been watching her, too. Waiting for her. Ready to defeat her and save himself. Only when the day arrives, doubt overcomes purpose, and they discover the prophecy was all a hoax.

Oh, and they can’t seem to stop thinking about each other.

Now they’re running against the clock, desperate to reveal who created the fake prophecy before tensions erupt and there's nothing left but the memory of a species called human.
 Why I'm Waiting

Surge is the prequel novel to Melissa Wests' The Taking trilogy. I finished the series just months into my blog, and I really loved it! My review of the last book is here. I added this book so long ago to my TBR, and I'm glad that it finally has a publication date that seems final! Reading my review, I got re-excited for this prequel. Surge will take place when an alien race, the Ancients, first come down to Earth. This has been a story I was always interested in while reading the series for the first time, because the aliens in the original trilogy have been there for years. If you want to dip your toes in YA science fiction, I would recommend this trilogy! It's a great start. :D

Are you looking forward to Surge? 
 Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you soon with another post!

Genni  @ Ready, Set, Read!

12 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! This one sounds familiar...I think I might have noted it at one point! Lol! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series seems to be under the radar, so I'm glad that you have heard of it!

      Have a great day as well!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read The Taking trilogy, but this prequel sounds very intriguing. The synopsis easily caught my attention. I'm adding it to my wishlist -and I'll also take a look at the other books. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy readings!
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I hope that you like them Tania! I've always wanted to know what happened before hand, and I'm glad we are getting another look into the world.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! This book looks interesting! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronyell! I'll be sure to check out your post. :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds pretty interesting. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just checked the synopsis of Gravity but... Aliens. "Jackson issues a challenge : help him or everyone on Earth will die", that sentence lost me. But I hope you'll enjoy the prequel !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lys! The line means that Jackson is giving Ari an ultimatum, but I also know that the series isn't for everyone! XD

      Delete
  6. This sounds pretty cool - I'll have to be on the look out! :)

    ReplyDelete