Saturday, November 28, 2015

Review: A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter

A Mad Zombie Party was pure fun!

I read what I thought was the end of this series, The Queen of Zombie Hearts, back in February of this year and was so happy with how the series ended. However, A Mad Zombie Party was everything I didn't know I was missing. Frosty, a secondary character in the first three novels. didn't necessarily get a happy ending in The Queen of Zombie Hearts. This book was Frosty's happy ending and I loved every second of it. 

A Mad Zombie Party follows two main characters, Frosty and Camilla, in dual perspectives and the final fight against the evil Anima Industries. I can't say too much about the plot because this is the fourth and final book in the White Rabbit Chronicles. Basically, Frosty and Camilla, who resent each other, are forced into a situation where they must be by their sides at all times. 

Gena Showalter is mainly a romance writer, and you can tell in this novel! Frosty and Camilla's chemistry is off the charts! I really loved how their dynamic slowly changed throughout the novel. At first, Frosty hated Camilla for the betrayal she did and the deaths it caused. The more these two hang out with each other, the more they realize that they fit perfectly together. Both of these characters really understood each other and their motivations and seeing such a perfect pair was so cute! I was rooting for this couples five chapters in. 

There was never a slow moment in this book. The story kicks off right from the get go and never slows down. Once again, there is another layer in the zombie world we haven't explored just yet and it gets the slayers in more trouble than they imagined. This novel sees the slayers more vulnerable than they've ever been. While the plot wasn't as dangerous as the last books, the romance really pulled through. The issues that the slayers were facing just didn't seem as threatening as they did in the previous books in the series. There seemed to be truly more emphasis on the character development and relationship, and not the fight. There were some really great fighting and training scenes, but I would have liked to see just a little bit more! However, that is my only complaint!

Some of this novel was truly bittersweet. To see Frosty say goodbye to his love of the first three books was hard. He truly grew into a man in this novel and I like him so much more in this final book than I did in the previous three. Milla and Frosty's relationship was so beautiful. I loved every bit of it and was smiling ear to ear whenever they had a cute moment with each other. 

I used to say that The White Rabbit Chronicles is a guilty pleasure read, but it really isn't! The writing is addicting and the characters fun! The plot is original and I haven't read a zombie novel quite like this series. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fun, light, and sexy series! The White Rabbit Chronicles has always delivered and this did not disappoint. I devoured this novel and was so happy with how everything ended. The White Rabbit Chronicles has solidified as one of my favorite series. 

With that, I give this book 

4.5 out of 5 Stars!





Favorite Quotes

"The boy I was craved Kat. The man I am craves Milla." 

"Scars speak for you. They say you're strong, and you've survived something that might have killed others."

"Real love never fails, never fades, and the real expression of it is giving."

"Sweet pea, you are my favorite hello and my hardest goodbye, and I don't want to go a day without you."


Have you read any of the books in The White Rabbit Chronicles? What is your favorite zombie book? 

Thanks guys for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post! 

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment