Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Chicken Challenge Tag!

This month I have been participating in the Chicken Challenge, which is hosted by Lys @ The Mad Reader. She just relocated her blog to here!

Name a book that scared you!
I don't read scary books or thrillers that often. But if I had to choose, I'd go with Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman! Illuminae is not really a thriller, but it does get really intense after a while. There is this great scene where Cady is going through an abandoned ship that is littered with zombies. I was pretty scared for Cady the whole time I was reading that scene!

What is the funniest prank you've pulled?
I actually haven't pulled a prank! I'm a goody-two shoes! Haha.

Share a spooky/ghost story
I don't know if this is spooky, but it did frighten me! Over the summer, I finished up watching Hannibal, a NBC show focused on Hannibal Lector. The finale was disturbing, to say the least. That night, I had a nightmare of cannibals eating me alive; I could feel them! I woke up to my own screams. Needless to say, it was a rough night of sleep!


What's the scariest movie you've watched?
I would have to say The Shining. I watched The Shining at a pretty young age, and just recently watched it again last year. The movie creeps me out to no end. I'd be screwed if my dad became evil like Jack did. American Horror Story does come to mind as well. Even though it's not a movie, it is scary and creepy! I couldn't get through Freak Show because I was so creeped out. This seasons though, Roanoake, is great. I'm loving and it's scaring the wits out of me weekly!

What is your dream costume?
I have another bad answer for this! There is not really an iconic character that I have always dreamed about dressing up as. Maybe I'll figure it out by Halloween, but it doesn't seem like it! 

Weirdest thing you've eaten?
I'm normally am up for anything, but I can't say I've eaten anything weird per say. I've eaten just about anything you can find in a small town. I have had a ghost pepper though, and that's one of the hottest peppers around. 
 

If you were a fictional villain, who would you be and why? 
I always like villains that have some background and morals. When a villain is just pure evil, I feel like they have no depth. The villain I choose for this question had the right intention (in a way) but made all the wrong decisions. He does have a shot of redemption though! I chose AIDAN from Illuminae!

So that was the Chicken Challenge Tag! Once again, check out Lys' blog for all Chicken Challenge details.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. I have no idea why I never watched Hannibal when it was on - it sounds exactly like something I'd like. Some day I'll have to try the dvds. Same for AHS - I'll be on Freak Show, definitely interested to see how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannibal was so good! It's a shame NBC cancelled it! Freak Show was good, but it just wasn't for me. It just made me a bit too freaked out (pun intended)! :D

      Delete
  2. American Horror Story is so scary ! I tried to watch it twice but I was too scared >< You made me intrigued about Hannibal though. I remember watching the first episode but I didn't continue for some reason ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never watched one full season of it! I watched the majority of Freak Show, but never finished it. However, I am determined to finish the current season! Hannibal does have a slow start, but man when it gets going... bring on the full body chills! :D

      Delete
  3. So agree with you on AIDAN! Loved this tag!

    - Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Illuminae definitely had some chilling moments! I agree about the zombie scene. Great pick of AIDAN by the way... should be interesting to see how he (it) is in Gemina once the ship shows up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that Gemina does as well! He (it?) is actually one of my favorite 'villains' I've read!

      Delete
  5. Chicken challenge! That's new, I'd not heard of this tag before. =) Illuminae (and its sequel) freaked me out a tiny bit - probably because I wasn't expecting certain scary aspects. o_o I adored those books. The conclusion could not come soon enough!

    Great post, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a monthly challenge I'm doing! I can't wait to get my hands on Gemina. I have it requested from my library, but I'm 25th in line! 😩

      Thanks Alyssa!

      Delete