Friday, October 7, 2016

SEPTEMBER WRAP UP!

Hello and welcome back to my blog! My September was a bit hectic. School and marching band are in full swing, and all my free time is devoted to those two. Because of that, I didn't read as many books as I wanted.

Here are the 7 books I read, from worst to best!

7.) The 48 Hour Hookup by Sarah Ballance
I so desperately wanted to like this one, but the characters and the humor fell flat for me. I couldn't connect to the characters, but it just didn't click. Because if this, the book just didn't meet my expectations. I gave this 2 stars.

6.) Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I had the same experience with Pure as I did with the 48 Hour Hookup. However, I did like this more than the first. Once again, I just couldn't connect to the story. I like the characters, but they annoyed me more than I expected. I found the book a bit too predictable for me to fully enjoy it. I gave Pure 3 stars.

5.) Losing It by Cora Carmack
Losing It has a classic new adult plot. A girl meets a guy, but of course their romance is forbidden on some sort of level. Even though the plot isn't original, it was a fun read. The characters weren't as dynamic as I wanted though. I considered Losing It a sort of palette cleanser of the month.

4-2.) Crash Trilogy by Nicole Williams
The Crash trilogy has the most confusing names EVER. Crash is the first book, Clash the second, and Crush the third. The second novel was my favorite (3.75 stars) with Crash coming in second (3.5 stars) and the finale coming in third (3 stars). Unfortunately, I did not like the finale. Everything was going as I expected, and then there was this "solution" that was conventional and unnecessary. My least favorite thing about the series is that it is redundant. Every book follows the same exact plot. I wished that Williams would have changed it up a bit; I was able to predict everything right before it happened. 

1.) 1984 by George Orwell
1984 takes the cake for September. In my goodreads review, I mentioned that I gave 1984 four stars because I don't know what to think of it. The book did take a while to get into, but the second half was interesting. I do not regret reading this book in the least, and I think it is one of the more important classics to read. 

Other Posts

 
AUGUST WRAP UP!
TTT: My Favorite Book to TV Adaptions!
Most Anticipated Fall Releases!
BOOK REVIEW | November 9 by Colleen Hoover
Meeting Alwyn Hamilton!
T5W: Gateway Books to YA Contemporary 
Real Neat Blog Award!


That is my September Wrap Up! What did you read this September?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. Okay, it's definitely time for me to try 1984!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, 1984 is pretty strange :D I remember reading it for school two years ago and being really confused by the first part but I agree with you: the second part is really interesting and the end is definitely different (in a good way). I hope you have a wonderful October, Genni!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first part wasn't necessarily confusing to me, but just kinda 'meh', you know? The first twenty pages really confused me though! Thank you Laura! You too! :D

      Delete
  3. Aw, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the 48 Hour Hookup, I kind of did and Losing It was such a fun read! Great post!

    - Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Poulami! I'll be sure to check out your review on your blog and see what you thought of it!

      Delete
  4. Marching band, I have a relative in marching band (she's i color guard actually) and she's super busy- like practice EVERY day and weekends traveling. Yikes. Anyway hope you get some reading time in and have a good week. I've never read any armentrout but I've heard her stuff is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, marching band gets pretty insane. On the busiest weeks, 5/7 days are devoted to marching band. She's one of my go-to authors. I haven't loved all of her books, but they are fun! Thanks Greg! Have a good week too.

      Delete