Sunday, October 2, 2016

Chicken Challenge TBR!

This month I am participating in the Chicken Challenge, which is hosted by Lys @ The Mad Reader! If you want to check out the challenges for this month, you can check them out here! I'm really looking forward to participating in this challenge! Not only have I not participated in a challenge in a really long time, but this is the perfect opportunity to read more spooky books!

Here is my TBR! Keep in mind, I am horrible at keeping TBRs, so I might switch up my picks. However, I will still complete the challenges!


1) A Book with Orange on the Cover
A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet
This is a new fantasy release that has fabulous reviews! I haven't read a high fantasy in a while, and this is the perfect opportunity to do so! Most importantly, there is a good amount of orange of the cover. This is one of the books that I am highly anticipating reading this month. 


2) A Very Popular Spooky Book 
Survive the Night by Danielle Vega
I don't know for sure if this is a really popular book or not, but I still want to read it! This is a story about a couple of girls being hunted in the NYC subway system in the middle of the night. If that isn't spooky, then I don't know what is it!


3) A Book With a Ghost In It
Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
I'm trying to get more into graphic novels, and Anya's Ghost seems like a good one! It is a coming of age story, and I'm for a story of self acceptance. My sister has read this one and loved it, so I hope I feel the same way!


4) A Book I'm Scared To Read
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I'm scared to read An Ember in the Ashes for the sole reason that I don't want it so not meet my expectations. I've met Sabaa, and I absolutely adored her! An Ember in the Ashes was a favorite last year, and I'm desperately hoping that it will be the same for me. 


And that is my TBR for the Chicken Challenge! What are some of your favorite spooky reads? What scary books are you planning to read this October?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, Genni! I've only read one of these so far and that's An Ember in the Ashes and it was amazing! :) I also really want to try Survive the Night - it sounds exactly like something I would love. You can see my tbr for Lys's challenge here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I'm glad to hear you liked it. I'm so scared that I won't like it. I'll be sure to check out your TBR! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this TBR ! Survive The Night sounds so scary ><
    Oh and I'm sure you won't be disappointed, An Ember in The Ashes is fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lys! I'm sure I'll be up late in the night reading it. I hope so! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. Great TBR, I love An Ember In The Ashes, it is an amazing series so far. A Promise of Fire sounds like a such a good book, its on my to-buy list, I hope you enjoy it :)

    - Hills of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I'm reading A Promise of Fire right now and I'm adoring it. :)

      Delete