Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings! No. 11

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Friday 56 and Book Beginnings. They are hosted by Freda's Voice and Rose City Reader, respectively!

The rules are simple for both. For the Friday 56, we turn to page 56 or 56% in our e-reader and highlight a passage of any book! Book Beginnings is where you feature the first sentence (or so) of a book and give your thoughts and impressions.


Book Beginnings
This is the first line in Unearthed, by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner! I was magically approved for a galley of this, and hope to start reading it in a week or two! The beginning really draws me in, and I wanted to keep reading when I did the quote for today. :)

Friday 56 
This is a quote from the 56th page of Reunited by Colleen Houck! It is the last in the trilogy, and I'm about to read it after I finish my review copy. I am also reading this for The Reading Quest, which you can find out more from here. I'm not too too excited for this, but I really want to finish the series! It seems like Hassan found another secret entrance for the main characters in this quote! Hassan is usually the character used whenever the MC's need to figure something out. 


Are you planning on reading either of these two? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

20 comments:

  1. I didn't know about this book. I've added it to my goodreads TBR. Thanks for mentioning it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I shared something new! Have a great weekend Breana. :)

      Delete
  2. I have Unearthed on my review stack too. I love the beginning. I'm reading White Hot by Ilona Andrews this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's definitely a great opening line. :) I'll be sure to check out your post!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an exciting read! I'm in!! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The opening of Unearthed certainly is attention grabbing! I would keep reading about that too. I'm not sure about the second one, but I do like writing. I'd probably have to start at the beginning of the trilogy. :-) Have a great weekend, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I actually was starting to read the book and had to stop myself and continue blogging. :D Haha, the beginning is a good place to start! Thank you! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend as well. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm intrigued, and now want to know more. Thanks for sharing! Here's mine: “HERE & GONE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both quotes were pretty good this week, but the first one (in my opinion) really drew me in!

      Delete
  6. Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner have another book coming out? I didn't know! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My Friday Meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I'm super excited about it. I have loved their other collabs! You're welcome. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow. the quote from page 56 is quite revealing of the plot. How did you manage that? It always seems that my 56 page quotes are dull. Ha! My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, trust me, it's hard to find a good one! I was surprised that it was good. Normally mine are pretty boring as well! :D

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to read Unearthed! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to try this! Happy reading!

    My post + my current giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it! Thanks Lauren!

      I'll be sure to visit both. :) Thanks for letting me know about your giveaway!

      Delete
  10. Great quote! Looks like a fun book, and a mysterious story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they are!

      Delete