Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #43

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday. WoW was hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Every week we showcase an upcoming release we are excited about. Jill hasn't been posting for quite some time, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted and renamed WoW to Can't Wait Wednesday.

This week, my pick is Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff!

Kady, Ezra, Hanna, and Nik narrowly escaped with their lives from the attacks on Heimdall station and now find themselves crammed with 2,000 refugees on the container ship, Mao. With the jump station destroyed and their resources scarce, the only option is to return to Kerenza—but who knows what they'll find seven months after the invasion?

Meanwhile, Kady's cousin, Asha, survived the initial BeiTech assault and has joined Kerenza's ragtag underground resistance. When Rhys—an old flame from Asha's past—reappears on Kerenza, the two find themselves on opposite sides of the conflict.

With time running out, a final battle will be waged on land and in space, heros will fall, and hearts will be broken.


Why I'm Waiting

  This has to be one of my most anticipated upcoming reads! It's publsihing on March 13th, and I'm sure it will be epic. It's weird thinking that this series will be ending (there's so much to do!), but I still have high hopes. Gemina and Illuminae are both favorites of mine, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a favorite of 2018. In the meantime, I'll be reading Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner... :D

Are you looking forward to Obsidio? What were your thoughts on the first two books in the series? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

18 comments:

  1. This certainly sounds like a great read! Nice pick.


    Jenea's Book Obsession's Can’t-Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it is! Thanks. :) I'll be sure to visit!

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow, I really want to read this book! I loved the first two, too! So much want and need for this book! Great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it Louisa!! Thank you! :D Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. TWINNING! How cool is that? This book could not come soon enough. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike!! It seriously cannot. I wish I was one of the people working with them so I would already know. :) Thanks Alyssa! You too!

      Delete
  4. I still need to read this series!!! UGGGGGHHH!! It looks amazing <3

    Great choice, I hope you love this when you read it :) And thanks for visiting my WOW yesterday!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH AMY!! You seriously need to. :) If I have to only push one book at you, it's Illuminae! If you ever do read it, I hope you love it!

      Thank you! And you're welcome. :)

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to get a physical copy. Nice choice this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to read this series! I'm so behind. I hope you it meets your expectations. An ending of a series can be tricky sometimes. Thanks for linking up!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed you love Illuminae!! I completely agree; series enders are very hit or miss. There are so many loose ends and expectations to meet. I'm sure it's very nerve-wracking to write!

      Delete
  7. I still haven't started this series yet. I'm really behind aren't I?
    I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out :) Maybe I'll be able to catch up and we can read it together :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, you can now binge them all!! :D
      Thanks Aneta! That would be awesome if that happened. :)

      Delete
  8. Obsidio <3___<3
    CAN'T WAIT.
    Last year I was lucky enough to get an ARC of Gemina (through sheer luck from a giveaway '^^).
    I'm just SO excited for Obsidio.
    It may be the end of this trilogy, but Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman have so many more books planned - both together and apart.
    It's going to be epic :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!
      Ahh that's awesome! Maybe you can request it though! The worst that could happen is them saying no. :)
      Oh really?? I had no idea! I'm so excited now!!
      That's what I'm thinking to! And I'm READY!

      Delete