Friday, January 4, 2019

Most Anticipated 2019 Relases!

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be sharing my most anticipated releases of 2019. I have a list of 12 books this time, and they are in order of publication date!


Undying by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Publication Date: January 8, 2019

I didn't love Unearthed (review here), but the ending really left me wanting more. After that surprise ending, I need to know what happens next, and how our two main characters survive the night, let alone the novel.

Imprison the Sky by AC Gaughen
Publication Date: January 22, 2019
When I first finished Reign the Earth, I enjoyed the book, but didn't love it. As time went on, however, I realized that I liked the book much more than my first impression. Imprison the Sky is sure to be heartbreaking and amazing.


99 Percent Mine by Sally Thorne
Publication Date: January 29, 2019

I didn't love The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, but I liked it enough to be interested in 99 Percent Mine. Once I realized this was a romance between a woman and her brother's best friend, I was sold.

Publication Date: April 2, 2019

It's been a while since I read Geekerella (review here), but I had such a wonderful time reading it. I absolutely loved the geekery of the first book, and if this companion novel is anything like the first, I know I'll enjoy it.

Nyxia Uprising by Scott Reintgen
 Publication Date: April 16, 2019

Two years ago, I read and devoured Reintgen's debut novel, Nyxia (review here). Last year, I read the sequel, Nyxia Uprising (review here), which I enjoyed, but not as much as the first book in the trilogy. Hopefully Nyxia Uprising will deliver a wonderful and explosionary finale.

Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett
Publication Date: April 16, 2019

To be honest, I don't actually know what the plot of Serious Moonlight is. But I love Jenn Bennett and everything I've read by her, and I suspect that Serious Moonlight will stay true to the pattern. 

The Bride Test by Helen Hoang

Publication Date: May 7, 2019

I absolutely loved Helen Hoang's The Kiss Quotient last year, so of course The Bride Test is making the list! This is a companion novel as well, so I'm going to have the time of my life seeing Stella and Michael again. The Bride Test follows Michael's cousin (?), who has Asperger's, like Stella in The Kiss Quotient and the author herself. There is also an arranged relationship trope in this book, so count me in.

Again, but Better by Christine Riccio
Publication Date: May 7, 2019 

Christine is one of my favorite booktubers; she was the first one I found on youtube, and I've been following her for years. When she announced her novel was getting published, I was ecstatic for her. As a fan of the author and for contemporary romance, Again, But Better had to be on the list!

The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
Cover to come!
Publication Date: May 14, 2019

Christina Lauren is one of my favorite authors, and I've read almost everything the author duo has published. In The Unhonymooners, two enemies go on a honeymoon after the wedding party gets a horrible case of food poisoning. Honestly, I'd read anything by CL. The fact that this has the enemies to lovers trope just sweetens the deal. 

The Diabolic #3 by SJ Kincaid
Cover to come!
Publication Date: Summer 2019 

The Diabolic is one of my favorite series at the moment. Both the first book, The Diabolic (review here), and the second, The Empress, completely blew me away. After the ending of The Empress (review here), which left me gobsmacked, I seriously need to get my hands on the third and final novel. 

This Mortal Coil #3 by Emily Suvada
Cover to come!
Publication Date: TBA

Much like The Diabolic series, This Mortal Coil has been a series I've been keeping up with since the publication of the first book. I loved the first book, This Mortal Coil (review here), and enjoyed the second, This Cruel Design. The ending of This Cruel Design left me reeling, and I can't wait to see what Suvada does next in her finale. 

Chain of Gold by Casssandra Clare

Publication Date: November 19, 2019

I mean, it's Cassandra Clare! By the time you are reading this post, I'm hopefully caught up with the Shadowhunter Chronicles - I'm currently reading Queen of Air and Darkness as I write this post. Clare does an excellent job with her world building and characters, and since this series follows the children one of my favorite ships in her world, I'm very excited. I don't know too much about the actual plot, but I want to keep it that way!



What books are you looking forward to in 2019? Do we have anything in common? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

6 comments:

  1. The Princess and the Fangirl is such a must for me. I adored Geekerella and can't wait to get back into that world. Jenn Bennett is my queen, and I have to read everything she writes. I am looking forward to more from Hoang, as TKQ was ah-mazing. Very interesting in seeing what Christine has in store for us. The story sounds great. CLo? Yes, please! I read 99 Percent Mine, and I really enjoyed it. I hope we get to read all these books!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really liked Geekerella. I'll be honest, I don't remember much, but I had a great time reading the first book. Yes, Bennett is such a queen! Can she do any wrong? TKQ was wonderful, and I have no doubt the next book will be as well. I'm excited, but also nervous! I've been watching her videos for years, and I don't want to be disappointed! I saw 99 Percent Mine on NG but it was only for Australia and New Zealand, so I guess I'm waiting for the pub date! I have horrible luck with Edelweiss so I didn't even look!

      Thanks for stopping by Sam!

      Delete
  2. Serious Moonlight is on my TBR, although I haven't read any of her other books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend them! My favorite is Alex, Approximately. Here's hoping we both love Serious Moonlight!

      Delete
  3. I'm yet to read Diabolic and now I'm moving it higher up on my TBR! I'm looking forward to King of Scars, Aurora Rising, The gilded Wolves, Darkdawn and Bloodwitch so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you love it Uma. :) I think it's a series that definitely needs more attention. :) I haven't heard of The Gilded Wolves or Darkdawn! I'll have to look them up on goodreads. I fogot Aurora Rising! I'm looking forward to that one as well. :)

      Delete