Saturday, March 5, 2016

Totally Should've Book Tag!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! Today I am doing the Totally Should've Book Tag! I was tagged by Lauren at Always Me. Lauren was my very first blogger friend and her blog is one of my favorites! Make sure to check her out after you're done reading. :D I also found this incredible banner over at A World Between Folded Pages! You should definitely visit there as well. :)

I've been wanting to do this tag ever since I saw it pop up on booktube. This is actually my first ever tag I have done and I am so excited!


1.) Totally should've gotten a sequel
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon 
Maybe it's just because I absolutely adored Everything, Everything, but I seriously want to see what happens after the end. The ending was amazing, and it left me wanting another book so I could spend some more time with the characters. 


2.) Totally should've had a spin-off series
The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han 
I want to know what happens to Jeremiah! Who was that girl with him at the wedding? Is he happy? How did he react to all the events in the last part of We'll Always Have Summer?


3.) An author who should totally write more books!
Lisa Schroeder
Lisa Schroeder has written plenty of books, and maybe this is more of the case that I want my library to have more of a selection of her work.  

4.) A character who totally should've ended up with someone else

The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor 
If any of you have read this book, you know the ending is brutal. It's not necessarily that I don't like what happened to her relationship status, but more what the characters suffered through. 

5.) Totally should've ended differently
Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han
Ugh. I completely loved this series, and it seemed like the last book in the trilogy was going the way I wanted. Instead, everyone ended up with the wrong person. I really shipped two of the characters together, and instead the girl ended up with a  person who has zero chemistry with her who seemed more like a brother than anything else. 

6.) Totally should've had a movie franchise
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han 
Is this too much Jenny Han in one post? I can't get enough of her and it would be amazing to see any of her books into movies. I just see To All the Boys I've Loved Before as this cool indie romance with good family values. 

7.) Totally should've had a TV show!
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Starbound Trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
I'm just really feeling science fiction TV shows right now. I especially feel like the Starbound Trilogy would be amazing with its epic cast of characters. The plot of Across the Universe would also be really fun to see play out, especially since it could happen in our future. 

8.) Totally should've had only one point of view
Reached by Ally Condie
Reached was just weird. The first book in the trilogy, Matched, was a solid opening novel. When I read Crossed, it was a major disappointment. Though this was better than the second book in the series, the multiple points of view really took away from the story and made it seem scattered. 

9.) Totally should have had a cover change

Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This series did have a cover change, and it still didn't work out! Maybe it is just Jennifer L. Armentrout's covers in general. Out of the plethora of novels she's written, I only like two of them. Faces on covers are rarely done well, and this in not an exception.


10.) Totally should have stopped at book one
Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck 
The first and second book of this series was pretty good. Maybe I read it at the right time, but I definitely did not for the last two. Plus, Ren is a major sexist and nothing about that appeals to me. 

11.) Totally should have kept the original covers
Sky Fall Series by Shannon Messenger
My opinion might be just because I fell in love with the original covers and I am especially balanced. Messenger did say that the covers were changed so that it her series would portray the plot better. I think it does, but it just reminds me of some MG novel, especially the Lost Hero series by Rick Riordan. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I think they look a bit too juvenile. While the book does focus on action, there is a good chunk dedicated to the romance at all, and this doesn't really show that.



I TAG:

Zhana @ Confessions of an Addict
Wendy, Tina, and Shon @ Tangled 'N' Books
Bookish Realm
Poulami @ Daydreaming Books
Cari and Haley @ My Addiction: Books

Thanks guys for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post! 

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!  

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I would like to see adaptations of both of those books! I haven't read the Let the Sky Fall series yet but I like the looks of both designs. I think I would prefer it if the redesign had the same lettering as the original. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lauren! I'm really liking the science fiction TV shows that are on right now. Fingers crossed we'll see more successful adaptations. Good point! The lettering is one of my favorite things about the first covers. Thank you! :D

      Delete
  2. The Sky Fall series had such gorgeous covers but the new ones are just mehh..I don't know, I'm not a fan of them but I also haven't read the books yet. Also YES to the Starbound trilogy as a TV show -- I actually heard that it is being optioned for a TV show (so I really hope it does happen!!) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you about hte covers. If the second covers were the original ones, I wouldn't have an issue but the first covers were so beautiful! Really? That is amazing news! I cannot wait! Fingers crossed it actually happens! :D

      Delete
  3. Ooo definitely loved this post and thank you once again for nominating me! :-D

    - Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete