Sunday, October 30, 2016

MOVIE REVIEW | THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE

The Human Centipede is a cult classic in the horror genre. For the Chicken Challenge this month, I took part in watching a horror movie of my choice and reviewing it. Let me just put this out there: I wish I rewatched The Cabin in the Woods instead of watching this.

I'm sure you know what the human centipede is, but if you don't here's the low down. Basically, two really dumb college girls go to a party and get lost. Their tire blows, and they are stranded in the creepy woods. Because these girls are really dumb, they decide to get out of their car, walk around for over an hour alone looking for service, and then go into a stranger's home. Of course, this stranger is a deranged scientist. He worked separating conjoined twins in his hey day, but now he is seriously messed up. He drugs the girls, and then cuffs them to a hospital bed in his basement. In the basement there is another victim. The doctor tells them of his "genius" plan, to conjoin the three of them and make a human centipede. The mouth will be attached to the anus in order for them to eat. Creepy as hell, correct?

What really made this movie not for me was...everything? The two girl characters were dumb as shit; who goes into a strangers home and thinks nothing of it? The acting was also really bad. I know that this is just a low budget horror flick and acting well isn't necessarily on the forefront, but still. The script was one of the reasons nothing worked for me as well. Some of the lines didn't fit, and there were multiple instances where I was taken out of the story because of it. 

The ending was just weird? The head of the centipede's action were so strange out of nowhere. I don't understand why he did what he did. It just made things harder for the remaining centipede. I did appreciate how the ending wasn't necessarily happy or bad, it just existed. That part was at least realistic, or as realistic as it could be.

While I can't say I liked The Human Centipede (at all) it was an experience. Do I regret watching it? Maybe. Can I undo it? Nope. So I watched the movie, and I'm glad that I checked that off my non-existing to do list. 
 


Do you like the Human Centipede? What is your favorite horror movie?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this and after your review I fully intend to never watch it. Thanks for being braver than me for making it through the whole movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're welcome!There were a couple times where I was really struggling to push through.

      Delete
  2. I haven't watched this yet and even though I keep telling myself that I just want to see what it's all about and get it over with, it just sounds disgusting to me and I really don't want to ever watch it. So thank you for watching it for me and telling me it isn't worth it because I've really been trying to talk myself out of watching it!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I have kept telling myself for years! I'm glad I convinced you to make the right decision. ;D Happy to help!

      Delete
  3. I have tried avoiding this horror movie no matter how curious I am. I am not surprised it was so horrible. Talk about grossness. I am intrigued though still to this day. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your opinion seems to be the general consensus for those who haven't watched it! To be honest, I'm intrigued about the sequel, but I'm never going to watch it! :D

      Delete