Saturday, September 16, 2017

#TheReadingQuest // How Did I Do?

my character card! which is just so darling <3
Hi everyone and welcome back or to my blog! If this is your first time here, yay! Glad you can join in. :) Today I'll be talking about my results for the Reading Quest readathon! There are a ton of rules, so I don't want to get into all of those. So, if you want to learn more about what this whole readathon was about and what my inital TBR was,  check out my initial post here!

So let me preface by saying that I didn't do too well if I went by all the rules. One of the big rules is that you cannot do other main quest squares if you are not done with your first main quest. Well, I completely ignored that! XD I know, I know. But I just wanted to see how much I was reading and how many would be able to fit into the categories.

In the span of the readathon (Aug. 13-Sept. 10), I read 14 books/manga volumes/short stories!

Without further ado, here is how I did in terms of levels, exp, and all that jazz!


First, to whoever made this, thank you SO much! I don't know who did, but if it's you or you know who, please shout it out! Second, if this is hard to read, just click on the image. :)


So as you can see, I completed a couple of quests! The side quests were the easiest for me, and I know I probably could have finagled some more books in there if I wanted to. However, I really struggled with the main quests! Some books would fit so perfectly in other quests, and I just couldn't help myself. I'm a mood reader, so I could not stick to my TBR, especially when there were other books that I wanted to read more.

You can also see in this that I had planned some more books out. Some of these were really far-fetched. Like, am I going to really read The 5th Wave anytime soon? No.

There were also ones I for sure thought I was going to finish, like Empress of a Thousand Skies, that I didn't! I was over halfway done with the book when the e-library took it from me. Also, I read two books that I didn't mark as read in here (Fun Home by Alison Bechdel and Everneath by Brodi Ashton). I personally am fine with having inaccurate numbers, but if someone really wants to do math, be my guest.

Out of all of these books I read, my favorite would have to be Sea Spell (review in process). The book I had the most fun reading is for sure My Soul to Take (review here). My quickest read was by far Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines (read in a couple hours, and review is coming ahh), and the one that was hardest to get through was Utopia by Thomas More (I had to read that for a class, and I hated it). 

So! That's basically how my readathon went! I'm a big cheater. And to be honest, I'm okay with not doing well on this readathon! :) Unfortunately, I just didn't have the time to really devote myself to this readathon because of college and figuring all that out!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

8 comments:

  1. Ah rules are made to be broken! :) I'm a mood reader too so I can relate. Still you did pretty good, and it looks like such a fun readathon. I may have to do this one next time if it pops up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for making me feel better! Hopefully it becomes an annual thing. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm bad with TBR too haha College is bookworms' worst ennemy ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is literally draining me! I hope I get a better grasp because I'm not posting as much as I want and the content I like!

      Delete
  3. Well this is cool! I've not joined any readathons or challenges but I always tell myself to do so. When I was in college (up until a few months ago!!!), I didn't do any non-ARC reading... I just wanted to stick with my commitments and not do any challenges. It worked for me. College really sucks up your time. D: (As it should.)

    Great job with this challenge! Have a lovely week, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not that good at readathons/challenges, but I have fun doing that! Sometimes I put too much pressure on myself though. That's really smart! I feel like all the books I want to read are getting bogged down, but school comes first. :)

      Thank you Alyssa! You too. :)

      Delete
  4. challenges are so hard when you're a mood reader! I'm doing a challenge called Back to the Classics, but I'm not going to complete it, because towards the end of the year, do I want to be scrabbling around looking for "a classic with a number in its title" just to complete the challenge? Nah, man! But I'll still have done enough of it to enter the giveaway you get to enter for partial completion ...!

    This challenge does look like fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I hate searching for books to fit a challenge! I'm normally not too interested in the book if I have to search for it, and then reading just for the sake of completing a challenge is such a bummer. At least there's a giveaway for partial completion!! Good luck. :D

      Delete