Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June Wrap Up!

This June I've read a total of 15 books! This is a huge number for me and I think it's mainly due to the fact that I've finished school and I'm on summer break!


1.) Him (Him & Her #1) by Carey Heywood


Rating: 4 Stars
I enjoyed this book much more than I anticipated! It's a free book on ibooks, so my expectations were pretty low. I love stories about two best friends being in love with each other, and this is exactly what I wanted.

2.) Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Rating: 4.75 Stars
This book is so far my favorite of Hoover's. This was a perfect mix of light and dark and really handled a dark subject matter very well.

3.) Her (Him & Her #2) by Carey Heywood

Rating: 3 Stars
Her, the follow up to Him, disappointed me a bit. It was pretty much Him told in the male's POV and didn't add a whole lot to the story.

4.) At Any Price by Brenna Aubrey

Rating: 2.75 Stars
While a fun read, At Any Price was irritating to say the least. If the characters just communicated half of their issues wouldn't exist!


5.) Ransom by Rachel Schurig


Rating: 4 Stars
Once again, I was shocked to how much I liked this book considering it was free. It was another best friends fall in love story, and those are my weakness. If  I have a chance to read other books by Schurig, I'll definitely pick it up.

6.) P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2) by Jenny Han

Rating: 5 Stars
P.S. I Still Love You was the perfect addition to the duology after leaving off with "Dear Peter" for the end of To All the Boys I've Loved Before. It was so cute and perfect and I loved how the novel ended.

7.) The Heir (Selection #4) by Kiera Cass

Rating: 4 Stars
The Heir was a book I could not put down. While Eadlyn was arrogant, she came around and I am interested to see how her story is going to end.

8.) Wanted by Kelly Elliot

Rating: 2 Stars
Ugh. This book started out so well and then it became a pile of mush towards the end. The characters acted as if they were 25, not 19, and I thought it was a bit of a stretch of the imagination for characters to be to get engaged or married.


9.) Earthbound (Earthbound #1) by Aprilynne Pike


Rating: 2.5 Stars
Earthbound took me so long to read. I kept on putting this down and I couldn't grow attached to the story until the last 75 or so pages, so I will be picking up the next novel, but not any time soon.

10.) Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi

Rating: 3 Stars
Fracture Me was a solid novella. I really liked seeing the battle in a perspective other than Juliette's, but I think I would have liked this novella if it were told from another point of view, such as Kenji's.

11.) Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi

Rating: 5 Stars
This is everything I wanted and more for the series! I'm so glad I got around to finishing it and it was spectacular. If you haven't picked up the series yet, I definitely recommend it. Juliette grows so much as a character and I loved how this wrapped up.

12.) Remember When by T. Torrest

Rating: 2 Stars
This is a best friends fall in love story that I actually didn't like! They never defined their relationship and it was so infuriating because the characters both loved each other and never told each other until it was too late.

13.) Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer

Rating: 4.4 Stars
This was such a great book! It was cute and fluffy and everything I wanted to experience. For more of my thoughts, check out my review!

14.) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

Rating: 3.8 Stars
Clockwork Angel was a solid start to The Infernal Devices and I will be picking up the next book sooner or later. For more of my thoughts, check out my review!

15.) Every Last Promise by Kristin Halbrook

Rating: 4.75 Stars
Every Last Promise was an excellent novel and I am extremely looking forward to reading another one of Halbrook's works. It dealt with a hard subject really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment