Sunday, September 13, 2015

Best New Adult Books I've Read This Year!

Unethical by Jennifer Blackwood

Unethical is the first new adult book I've read this year and I still think about it to this day. The romance was great and I loved how even there was a perfect balance between the romance and the conflict. This was the first novel I read of Blackwood's, and I liked it so much I bought the next novel in the series, which followed two different characters. Not only was Unethical sexy, it was a fun read as well. Both Payton and Blake went through some great character development and their relationship was amazing. There were some really dark parts in the book, and Jennifer Blackwood handled them really well.



Any Novel I've Read by Colleen Hoover (Slammed, Confess, Hopeless, and Maybe Someday)

This was the year that I finally started reading Colleen Hoover, and I am so glad I did! I haven't read a book that I didn't like from her. Her books are so addicting and I once I started reading her novels, I couldn't stop. The characters are so relateable and I can connect to them so easily. Slammed was my first Hoover novel and completely took me by surprise. My emotions are all over the place when I read her books. If you have not read anything by Colleen Hoover yet, pick up her books right now. In my personal opinion, Slammed or Hopeless is the book you should pick up if you are new to her.

Him by Carey Heywood

I picked up Him by Carey Heywood on a whim, and I am so glad I did! Him follows the story of two best friends. Sarah and Will,  and how they fell for each other in high school. When they see each other again for Sarah's brother's wedding, their unresolved conflicts come to a head. I really loved how Him was set up; there were flashbacks throughout the story that just made the story have so much more depth. The sequel, Her, was just as good and I really want to pick up the concluding novel, Them before the year is up.



Ransom by Rachel Schurig

Ransom by Rachel Schurig follows Daisy, a college girl with extreme anxiety issues who just happens to have a personal connection to one of the biggest superstars in the world, Daltrey Ramone. Just a year ago, Daltrey and his brother's left Daisy, his best friend, in order to pursue his music career. Daisy and Daltrey have both been in love with each other, but they never told each other their true feelings. Their story was so touching. Ransom took me on such a whirlwind of a ride and I loved every bit of it. My expectations were exceeded over and over again. I will definitely be reading more Schurig in the future!

Touch Me Not by Apryl Baker

I just read Touch Me Not three days ago and flew through it. Touch Me Not also faces a main character with anxiety issues, but she has a phobia of touching. She strikes a deal with the school's playboy that will help her come over her fears while he doesn't sleep around. Touch Me Not dealt with some really great topics about finding and accepting yourself. Lily and Nikoli, the two main characters, worked amazingly well together. I loved how there was a perfect combination of both light and dark; the novel never got too heavy for me. You can find more of my thoughts on this book here!



What have been some of your favorite NA novels this year? I thought about adding A Court of Thorns and Roses, but the book is on the borderline between young adult and new adult. What genre do you see it under?

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment