Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Top Five Wednesday: Most Recent Additions to my Wishlist

Hey everyone and welcome back! I'm Genni, and today I am participating in weekly meme Top 5 Wednesday. T5W is hosted by the lovely Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. If you haven't checked out her youtube channel, make sure to check her out here!
  
As you can see, the prompt for this week are our top five recent additions to my wishlist. I don't usually buy books (I'm very cheap, guys!), so I just picked out the top 5 books I've recently added to my goodreads TBR. This list is in no particular order. :)


5.) Places No One Knows by Brenna Yovanoff
I added this book to my TBR after I saw my blogger friend, Alicia, write a review for it! Check it out here! I had seen the book floating around the blogosphere, but her review sold me on it! I'm interested to see how I like it! It's been a while since I've read a YA contemporary that has some difficult subject matter.

4.) Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
Who doesn't love a prehistoric fantasy that is a loose retelling of Pride and Prejudice? I've only read one book that was set in ancient history, and that was Forbidden by Kimberely Griffiths Little. I feel like most historic fiction is set  in the 1800s. The setting is what really draws me in!

3.) Poison's Kiss by Breeana Shields
The premise of Poison's Kiss is a classic fantasy. It's about a girl, who I am sure is a very special snowflake, that is ordered to kill the one boy she loves. And I am definitely not complaining! Everyone needs a good fantasy here and there, and I'm looking forward to picking this up! Also, the cover is gorgeous.

2.) It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors. I've heard that this is the best one yet, and while that is subjunctive, I'm hoping it applies to me! It Ends With Us has a focus on the difference between an abusive relationship and a healthy one. CoHo hasn't disappointed me yet, and I don't think she will now!

1.) The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
Last but certainly not least is The Edge of Everything! I started hearing about this around BEA, and I can't stop but think about it all the time now. I'm very much looking forward to its release date. The book is essentially about how a bounty hunter from hell that is sent to claim the murder of the main character's father. I love how original the plot is!


If you did a T5W post, make sure to link it down below! Did we share any of the same picks?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

20 comments:

  1. I definitely want to try Ivory and Bone - it sounds like it could be really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing pretty great things about it! I hope I'll be in the same boat when I get around to reading it. :)

      Delete
  2. I am also highly anticipating It Ends With Us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like if it is done right, it could become one of my favorite CoHo books!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, my dear! I hope you enjoy Places No One Knows when you do get to it. Ivory and Bone sounds oh so interesting, plus I'm a sucker for P&P retellings. I will have to hunt that one down soon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Alicia! I haven't read too many P&P retellings but I've enjoyed the ones I have! You too! :D

      Delete
  4. I had a Colleen Hoover book on my list too! I just recently discovered Colleen Hoover and after I read one of her books, I decided I wanted them all! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one did you read? I felt the same exact way after I read my first CoHo book! I immediately went to BookOutlet and got every book they had of hers. :D I'm so happy you're a fan of Hoover now! :)

      Delete
  5. I loved Colleen Hoover's Someday Maybe! Her other books are good, but I think that one is amazing. :D I am excited for this new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Someday is my favorite as well! My other two are Ugly Love and November 9. Here's hoping It Ends With Us will be one of my favorites as well!

      Delete
  6. I really liked Places No One Knows! It was such an original read. I really hope you get the chance to check it out! :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I haven't heard too much except from Alicia. Did you do write a review? I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  7. Ivory and Bone looks like such an interesting book, I found out about it recently too (when a couple of the sub boxes feat. it) I don't think I have ever read a book set so far back in history and the writing style also spicks my interest, can't wait to get my hands on a copy soon!

    I have never heard of Poison's Kiss, but it's a Fantasy (with an awesome cover) so I will have to check out that Goodreads page!

    - Hills of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I also hear about it! I'd love to read more historical fiction, so I hope I like this. Hopefully my library will get it soon!

      I haven't heard too much of Poison's Kiss either. I first heard from it Alyssa @ The Eater of Books that she featured in a Waiting on Wednesday post!

      Thanks for commenting Deborah!

      Delete
    2. The rarely read historical fiction (and quite a lot of it is books that have time travel in) I read a review at Books Are My Fandom and the way they describe the writing style has really spiked my interest. Hope your library gets it soon!

      Delete
    3. I'll have to check out their review then! Thanks for telling me. :D

      Delete
  8. I really want to get into Colleen Hoover! I've heard such great things from her books and I need a good contemporary to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend her! Some of her books are pretty graphic/crude (Ugly Love), but most aren't if your hesitant to that sort of thing. I hope you like her books. :D

      Delete
  9. Oooo, these are some great choices! I didn't like Ivory and Bone but it was okay, and I've seen many people enjoy it. I am curious about Poison's Kiss, though I'm also wary. It's based on Indian folklore and, well, as an Indian girl, I'd hate to see this author butcher Indian culture (which is so often the case in YA lit). Cross your fingers! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa!! Hopefully I'll like it. :) I totally understand what your saying. Sometimes it's like the folklore part of the novel is just a plot device that was put in to entice readers. Here's hoping Poison's Kiss is different. :D

      Delete