Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books We Enjoyed Under 2000 Ratings

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni and today I will be participating in Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and Bookish. If you haven't checked them out, make sure you do!

So this week's topic is related to an earlier topic of underrated books. However, there are several definitions to an underrated book. So, to clean things up a bit, the prompt is instead our top ten books that have less than 2,000 ratings on goodreads. Looking through this, I found quite a few books on my goodreads that I think deserve more attention!


Here are my ten, in no specific order.

10.) Let the Wind Rise by Shannon Messenger

Let the Wind Rise is the final book in Messenger's Sky Fall trilogy. The first book has around 8,200 ratings, but this conclusion only has 342 ratings. I feel like the lack of promotion for the book affected the lack of ratings, though. I just read Let the Wind Rise yesterday (at the time I'm writing this) and I loved it. I thought it was such a great conclusion and I'm so happy I read it!


9.) The Sound of Us by Julie Hammerle
The Sound of Us was published just last month, and it has 86 ratings. I'm not too surprised that it has less than 2,000 because it is such a recent release, but I was surprised it has less than 100! Granted, the book just came out so the number is sure to rise. The Sound of Us was such a fun and easy read and I would recommend it to anyone who likes reading contemporary in the summer! :) Here is my review!

8.) Withering Rose by Katilyn Davis
Withering Rose is another recent release that came out in May this year. The book has 76 ratings at this time. I'm not surprised that this has less than 2,000 ratings because the first book in the series doesn't, but I think the series should get more attention! The novel had such a great mix of the original Beauty and the Beast tale and originality. Here is my review of the book.

7.) Boys Over Flowers Vol. 2 by Yoko Kamio
Okay, this one really surprised me! I feel like mangas aren't as popular on goodreads, but the first volume of Boys Over Flowers has roughly 13,400 ratings when volume two has roughly 1,400. However, a lot of the reviews for the first volume are actually reviews for the whole entire series, which might be the reason for such a big drop. Anyways, Boys over Flowers is such a popular manga series; it has 37 volumes! 37!! I've read the first five and really enjoyed the story.

6.) The Dead List by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Jennifer L. Armentrout is an extremely popular author, and her free novel on wattpad, The Dead List didn't disappoint. While I didn't enjoy it as much as some of her other works, the book has never been through edits or anything like it. So far The Dead List has around 1,500 ratings. You can find my review of the book here!

5.) One Paris Summer by Denise Grover Swank
One Paris Summer is also a new release that came out this June. so far, it has just over 200 ratings on goodreads. this novel is the epitome of a summer contemporary read. It was light and flew by so quickly. I feel as if the book has a little bit of something for everyone. Here is my review!

4.) Forbidden by Kimberely Griffiths Little
Forbidden is the first book in Kimberley Griffiths Little's Forbidden trilogy, which is set in 1759. I have never read a book so far back in history, and the Mesopotamia setting really breathed life into the book. Forbidden is a great start to this trilogy, and it should get more attention! The novel is essentially about a girl going against the rules of society in order to be and achieve what she wants. I cannot wait to read the second book when my library gets it in. My review for Forbidden can be found here

3.) Every Last Promise by Kristin Halbrook
I have featured this book on quite a few of my TTTs. At the time I read it, which was a year ago, I really loved the book. I don't know if I would say the same now, but I am glad I stumbled upon the book! The novel only has around 760 ratings, but it is just as impactful as some other dark contemporaries out there.  

2.) The Bridge from Me to You by Lisa Schroeder
Lisa Schroeder is an author of  two of my favorite verse novels, I Heart You, You Haunt Me and Chasing Brooklyn. While The Bridge From Me to You is my least favorite of the three, I still absolutely love the book. I would recommend this to anyone who likes verse novels!

1.) Recovery Road by Blake Nelson
Last but not certainly not least is Recover Road by Blake Nelson. This is the most shocking one for me because there is a Freeform series based off of the book. While the series was cancelled, it seemed to not have garnered a lot of attention to the book. I called the book "absolute perfection" two years ago, and while I wouldn't use those words now, the book did move me at the time. 


If you participated in TTT, make sure to link it down below!

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post! 

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!  

31 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see One Paris Summer on your list. It's one I have waiting to be read on my review book TBR. Looking forward to it - plus that cover is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it Rissi! I know! I love the cover. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yay, I just bought THE SOUND OF US today - the paperback is super cheap on Amazon right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed you like it. I might just have to buy the paperback...:D

      Delete
  3. I like that cover of LEt The Wind Rise, that looks good. Actually there are aer several on here I've never seen- nice list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It was a bit of a shock when released because they changed the covers for the series, but it's pretty accurate to what the book is. Thanks Greg!

      Delete
  4. So many of these sound good! I really want to start the Messengers series and Withering Rose! :)

    Check out my TTT and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I hope you like the two! :D

      And of course!

      Delete
  5. Recovery Road has caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it back in the day. I'm wondering what I would think of it now.. :)

      Delete
  6. Every Last Promise is definitely on my YES list. AND I own The Bridge from Me to You, so I'd like to read it someday. I didn't realize it was in verse though!! That's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love Every Last Promise!! I loved it back when I read it last summer. :) I hope you do read it someday! The book is actually split between two perspectives. The male protagonist is written normally, but the female protagonist is written in prose!

      Delete
  7. Hmm, I didn't really LOVE The Sound of Us, but I am a bi surprised it has less than 100 ratings! Great list! :)

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say that I LOVED the Sound of Us (I have it four stars) but I did have fun. Thanks!!

      Delete
  8. I haven't read any of these but Every Last Promise is on my TBR.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/05/top-ten-tuesday-64/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read Let the Sky Fall but was waiting for the final one to come out before continuing. I am glad to hear that it is really good. I will have to move it up my TBR. Withering Rose also looks good, I will check it out.

    Check out My TTT (guest hosted by lillybloombooks)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great conclusion. It was everything I wanted and more. That was a really smart decision to wait. There was such a long time between the second and third book that I had a hard time remembering what had happened. I'll be sure to visit!

      Delete
    2. I am just crossing my fingers that it will come out on audio. Her Keepers series appears to have been dropped.

      Delete
    3. Ah, I'm sorry to hear that! I haven't read the series, so I don't follow the news for it.

      Delete
  10. I just recently read The Dead List, and I am surprised to hear it has so few ratings! When I was looking through my recent reads, I just skipped right over it, thinking it would have a ton of ratings!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would too! I think it might be because people don't know it exists? It does have 432,000 reads on Wattpad though!!! Which is insane!

      Delete
  11. I've actually never read any of these! I'll have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I just followed you! :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jessica! I'll be sure to return the favor! :D

      Delete
  12. I haven't read any of these, but I'm definitely going to have to give them a try. :) Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post! <3

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I gave you some more book to add to your TBR!! :D Thanks Zoe! <3

      Delete
  13. From what you have said about it in your review, The Sound of Us sounds great! I really like books with a music theme in them too!
    I just signed up to Wattpad so will have to check out The Dead List, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One, I apologize for the extremely late response! I'm ashamed. :D I hope you liked The Dead List!

      Delete
  14. This is awesome! I love seeing recommendation posts for underrated books; it's so fun to find those hidden gems. Excellent recs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!! It's always fun to find those gems and not read from the same five publication houses over and over again!

      Delete