Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday 56 and Book Beginnings! No. 6

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today I am participating in Friday 56 and Book Beginnings. They are hosted by Freda's Voice and Rose City Reader, respectively. 

The rules are simple for both. For the Friday 56, we turn to page 56 or 56% in our e-reader and highlight a passage of any book! Book Beginnings is where you feature the first sentence (or so) of a book and give your thoughts and impressions.

Also, I am pretty much the absolute worst for consistently posting with these weekly memes! It has been quite a while since I've done one and I am hoping that this will be a regular meme on this blog. :)

Friday 56
This quote comes from page 56 of City of Heavenly Fire! I know what this is referring to, but I know it probably makes no sense to people who aren't familiar with the Shadowhunter world! There was a quote later on in the page, but it was definitely a spoiler for anyone who hasn't read the five books prior! Nevertheless, I am about to start reading City of Heavenly Fire. I just have to finish Forever and Always, Lara Jean by Jenny Han first. 

Book Beginnings

Talking  about Forever and Always, Lara Jean, I used the first sentence of the book! Forever and Always is the last (?) book in Jenny Han's Lara Jean trilogy. The question mark is there because To All the Boys I've Loved Before, the first book, was supposed to be a standalone. Then it got a sequel, P.S. I Still Love You, and that was supposed to be the conclusion. Now we have this final book, which is my current read! I am currently loving it; I am able to connect with Lara Jean so much more than the other books this time around as Forever and Always follows Lara in her senior year. She has made so much growth since the first book and I just love the book and the atmosphere it provides and I could go on and on. 

So, those are my Friday 56 and Book Beginning quotes! Have you read or are planning to read these two?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of either of these books before, but I do like that opening. Hope you continue to enjoy your reads! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter sounds like a handsome devil, and the narrator is surely in love. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 99.99% sure that Always and Forever, Lara Jean is the final book in the series! I think it was original a duology, and then this third book was a surprise. I don't think it was ever supposed to be just one novel (though I could be wrong about that - but I remember reading the ARC of book one and seeing publicity for a book two around that time).

    Great post, Genni! Have a lovely week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm weirdly glad for it to wrap up! I love the series, but I don't want the series to be dragged out. I have this distinct memory of wanting a sequel and not hearing any news about it when I read the first book...Maybe my memory serves me wrong though! It wouldn't be the first :)

      You too Alyssa!

      Delete
  4. I love the Shadowhunter world. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love how intricate and interconnected everything is!

      Delete
  5. Ah, I LOVE that book beginning quote! SO beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete