Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #70

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday, and meme originally created by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Jill hasn't been active for a while, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted it! If you see posts by the name of "Can't Wait Wednesday," it's the same thing!

The book I'm looking forward to this week is Nightblood by Elly Blake!

Ruby's world has changed more than she ever could have imagined. She's in love with a powerful Frost King. She's the heir to the Fire Throne. And she may be a Nightblood--the spawn of a vengeful deity hellbent on releasing his wraithlike Minax from their prison. Once freed, these beasts will roam the earth, devouring every last person until he or she is nothing but an empty husk. But Ruby is able to control the Minax to a degree, and now she, her beloved Arcus, and her friend Kai must find a way to bring Frostbloods and Firebloods--sworn enemies--together to make a stand against a foe more deadly than any they've faced.

In this heart-pounding finale of Elly Blake's gorgeously written and action-packed Frostblood Saga, the fate of Frostbloods, Firebloods, and all of humanity is at stake.


Here are some stats about the book:
Genre - YA Fantasy
Release Date - June 5, 2018
Publisher - Little, Brown Books for Readers
Pages - 400
Why I'm Waiting 
I'm listening to Fireblood right now, and I am loving it. I enjoyed Frostblood (review here), but I did have some problems with it. From at least what I have listened to, I am starting to enjoy the book more. I'll be finishing this book just a couple months before this release, and hopefully I'll like both! 


Are you looking forward to Nightblood?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

12 comments:

  1. Niiice!! Sooo cannot wait for this one! But ack! Did you see they pushed the release date back to August?! I just got an email this week telling me the bad news!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really they did?? I had no idea! Well hopefully it'll be even better because of it. At least it's still coming out this year!

      Delete
  2. I didn't see that they pushed this one back but yes it's a CWW read for sure! I hope you get to read it!

    Mary my Can’t Wait Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! I've made some more progress on the book, and I'm looking forward to this third and final book even more. :)

      Delete
  3. I still need to read Fireblood! I think I got turned off by the love triangle (from what I heard), but I still want to finish the series. Frostblood was soooooo good. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least what I have listened to, there is another love interest, but he doesn't seem to be much of a threat. Thanks Alyssa!

      Delete
  4. I haven't started this series!! But I'll cure that soon! Also, I LOVE the book covers of this series!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many YA fantasy series I need to get to, so I feel you! And yes, the covers are great!!

      Delete
  5. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really well done! I'll be sure to visit Ronyell. :)

      Delete
  6. Yet another series I want to try! Seriously, YA fantasy is killing me lately- there are so many promising looking series coming out. This one looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you. There seems to be so many YA fantasy books being released, and I can't keep track!

      Delete