Friday, September 14, 2018

BOOK TAG | Avatar: The Last Airbender

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be dong the Avatar: The Last Airbender tag! I saw this on Kelly's blog, but it was originally done by A Clockwork Reader on her youtube channel!

If I'm being honest, I was a casual fan of  the show. If it was on tv, I would watch it, but I never actually followed the plot! One of these days I want to restart the series and really take it in, since so many people seem to love it! Now, onto the tag!



1) Katara and Sokka | The Best Sibling Relationship



Kitty, Margot, and Lara Jean!
How can I not say the Song sisters from To all the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han?! I mean, it is seriously just the best. I love how constant their sisterhood is, and that Lara Jean's relationship with her family takes precedent over her relationship with Peter, or any other guys. 

 
2) Yue | Favorite Star-Crossed Lovers



Tyrus and Nemesis from The Diabolic series are star-crossed, both figuratively and literally. After the sad and frustrating (in the best way!) turn of events at the end of The Empress, I am questioning if Tyues and Nemesis will ever get a happy ending. Even writing this makes me want to reread The Empress...because damn my heart was aching!
3) Blood Bending | A Book with Disturbing or Unsettling Content



Too Late by Colleen Hoover is entertaining, but the epilogues really unsettle me. In the majority of the book, Sloan is in an abusive relationship with Asa. Throughout the book, she falls in love with Carter, who is an undercover cop, trying to disband Asa's drug ring. Already the book has some dark material, but there is something that Sloan and Carter do in front of Asa that really unsettles me, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I liked Sloan and Carter through the whole book, but when that specific thing happened, I did not have respect for any of them.  



4) Toph | A Character Whose Strength Surprised You



Shalia from Reign the Earth went through so much, and still managed to defend herself. Yes, there are times when Shalia doesn't stand up for herself, but she is formidable in the last act. After what happened at the end, I am intrigued to see what happens to Shalia's character, as she was dealt a heavy blow. 

5) The Tales of Ba Sing Se | Best Short Story/ Poetry Collection




This might not count because I'm reading it right now, but The Cha Cha Files: A Chapina Poetica by Maya Chinchilla is amazing. I don't read too much poetry, and I tend to have a hard time with poetry collections. There are some that I didn't get, but the third and fourth parts of the collection are spectacular. (Update: I finished it, and it was excellent! I'm looking forward to discussing it more in depth at my class!)


6) Kyoshi Warriors | Best Warrior Character 




Lia from The Remnant Chronicles is such a badass. In the first book, The Kiss of Deception, Lia is just a princess without any fighting skills. Lia's character growth into a warrior, queen, etc. was wonderful. Lia learned to leverage her position, and find strength in both her body and mind.



7) Zuko | Best Redemption Arc




I don't know if redemption is the best word to describe AIDAN's arc, but I thought it was spectacular! I absolutely hated AIDAN in Illuminae, but by the end of the third book, I did have some sympathy for the AI. AIDAN is such a complex character, and having him develop emotions was troubling and exciting at the same time.  

8) Iroh | Wisest Character


link
Kestrel from The Winner's Trilogy is so damn clever. Always thinking, always trying to be one step ahead of everyone. Her mind is like a constant chess game. I loved being in her mind. She's constantly worrying and overthinking, but when she proves victorious, it is so rewarding.


9) Azula | Best Downfall



There was a certain character in Contagion by Erin Bowman that had a really great downfall. I never trusted her, and it was great to see all her secrets unravel and everyone turn their back on her for keeping such a dangerous secret from them. 




10) Appa | Favorite Fictional Animal/Pet




This might be cheating, but all the shapeshifters in My Lady Jane! I thought Gideon shifting into a horse was hilarious! When other characters discover their abilities, or other characters are introduced, I loved reading about their shifting abilities and being in their minds when they were an animal!  

11) Aang | Purest Cinnamon Roll



Twinkle's love interest, Sahil Roy, from From Twinkle, with Love fame is just the best. He's so supportive, geeky, and funny. He is also so passionate about film! Sahil is cute and shy and the epitome of a pure cinnamon roll! 

12) Avatar State | A Stubborn Character or One Who Struggles With Letting Go

A huge part of the plot for Heart on Fire by Amanda Bouchet is Cat's inability to let go. Cat has gifts from the gods and has several supernatural powers, including wings. But her stubbornness stands in her way. Cat can's access the full potential of her powers, and because of it, gets stuck in a prison-world (trying to be an inconspicuous as I can!) for a while. Her stubbornness did grate on my nerves after a while, but I was glad to see everything get resolved when Cat just let go. 



Are you a fan of Avatar? Have you read any of these books?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

If you want to do this tag, feel free!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite shows of all time and I love this tag! I'm cracking up at your My Lady Jane answer! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun show! After doing the tag I watched the first episode. :) Haha, I couldn't think of any pets! XD

      Delete