Saturday, June 29, 2019

My Most Anticipated Summer Releases!

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be talking about some books that I cannot wait to be published. As a blogger, I am so thankful to have the opportunity to have read ARCs of upcoming releases, and I will talk about the ones you should look at for in another post.

Since June is already underway, I'm only going to highlight books that were published in June that I have not read yet, since I can't necessarily anticipate a book I've already completed. There are already some wonderful summer reads on shelves like The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren and Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. There's also upcoming releases, like The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai, that I highly recommend as well!

Without further ado, here are the summer releases I'm most escited for, save the ARCs I have read!


June

Virtually Yours by Sarvenaz Tash 
Release Date: June 4, 2019
 
Goodreads
I wanted to request Virtually Yours via Netgalley, but didn't have the time (management) to download this one. However, Virtually Yours literally sounds like my dream book. Virtually Yours follows Mariam Vakilian, a NYU freshman, and her love life. I personally love novels set in college/university, particularly because I am attending UNC right now. Also, I am a sucker for love triangles, which sounds pretty prominent in the synopsis.

Wild and Crooked by Leah Thomas
Release Date: June 4, 2019

Goodreads
Wild and Crooked is a YA contemporary novel set in a small town, in which two main characters Kalyn Spence and Gus Peake, are connected, just not in a good way. Kalyn's father murdered Gus', and when Kalyn moves back, she must under pseudonym. I don't know too much else, but the synopsis really struck me! 

Natalie Tan's Book of Luck and Fortune by Roselle Lim 
Release Date: June 11, 2019 
 
Goodreads
I've seen Natalie Tan's Book of Luck and Fortune around on goodreads, and after reading the synopsis, I'm definitely a gonner. After her mother's death, Natalie returns home to Chinatown. While she holds resentment to her old neighbors, she begins to warm up to her old hometown. There's also a budding romance, and we all know how I feel about romance (I love them).

This Time Will be Different by Misa Sugiura
Release Date: June 4, 2019

Goodreads
This Time Will be Different sounds absolutely amazing. It's a YA novel that tackles Japanese-American discrimination. An own voices novel, I'm sure that it'll hit hard, in teh best way possible. Also, I can't wait to read about CJ's (the main character) work at the flower shop! (yes, there's flowers. yes, I'm excited about it) 
 

July 

The Wedding Party, Jasmine Guillory
Release Date: July 16, 2019

Goodreads
The Wedding Party is Jasmine Guillory's companion novel to both The Wedding Date and The Proposal, both of which I have read. I did enjoy both prior novels, and considering that The Wedding Party will follow my two favorite side characters of the prior novels, Maddie and Theo, I'm definitely going to pick this one up!

The Marriage Clock by Zara Raheem 
Release Date: July 23, 2019
 
Goodreads
I bumped into The Marriage Clock on goodreads as I was drafting my earlier post about cover trends. The synopsis for The Marriage Clock sounds perfect for me. The main character, Leila Abid, sets a countdown for herself. She has three months to find Mr. Right. If she doesn't find him in 90 days, her traditional Indian parents can arrange a marriage for her. I'm excited to read about all the dating scenarios, mishaps, and hopefully lovey-dovey moments as well.


How to Hack a Heartbreak by Kristin Rockaway
Release Date: July 30, 2019


Goodreads
I'm going to be honest, the first thing that drew me to How to Hack a Heartbreak was its cover. I absolutely love it. Pretty recently, I've been getting into romance a lot more, and I was so intrigued by this novel. Mel, a programmer, gets fed up with the existing dating apps, and makes one herself. The problem? The app goes viral, and her life is near implosion. Sign me up! 

Truly, Madly, Royally by Debbie Rigaud
Release Date: July 30, 2019
Goodreads
I only have one phrase for you, which will explain why this is on my list: Royal romance. That's all I need to be convinced! Count me in! (Also the biracial relationship is pretty fucking awesome, too.)

August

Containment by Caryn Lix
Release Date: August 6, 2019

Containment is the sequel to Caryn Lix's debut novel, Sanctuary, which I read last year and reviewed. After the ending of Sanctuary, which closed one door, yet opened a huge ass window, I'm looking forward to reading more in Lix's world.

No Big Deal by Bethany Ritter
Release Date: August 8, 2019


Goodreads
No Big Deal hadn't been on my radar until I read the plus-sized fashion book, Plus+, which Bethany Rutter edited. No Big Deal is a YA contemporary following Emily, a fat MC in her last year of high school. She's fine with her body, the problem is other people telling her to change. I am in such a mood for a body positive YA, and am eagerly looking forward to this!
 
The Last Hope by Krista and Becca Ritchie
Release Date: August 13, 2019
Goodreads
The Last Hope by Krista and Becca Ritchie is the sequel to their YA fantasy, The Raging Ones, which I reviewed here. Though I thought The Raging Ones was a bit slow for my tastes, the end left me yearning for more! The characters are the shining light of this series, and it'll be great to read from them again.

Start Here by Trish Doller 
Release Date: August 13, 2019 

Goodreads

Start Here is a contemporary YA about two friends, Willa and Taylor, the summer after their senior year after high school shortly after their best friend, Finley, passes away from cancer. While Willa and Taylor have had a falling out, they decide to live out Finley's last wish, for the two of them to Key West from Ohio. I've started to read this one, and the writing definitely packs a punch -- I've had to hold myself back from crying a couple times! 


Are you looking forward to any of these summer releases? What are some on your list? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment