Thursday, December 10, 2015

Book Traveling Thursdays: Favorite Retelling

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'm participating the weekly meme Book Traveling Thursdays. Each week we showcase a book that fits with the theme for the week. This meme was created by Catia over at The Girl Who Read Too Much and Danielle at Danielle's Book Blog.

This week we show our favorite retelling! The book I picked for this week is one I read a really long time ago when I was getting back into reading. I remember picking it up because of its stunning cover. I just recently did a Top 5 Wednesday post about retellings, so check it out here if you want! This isn't necessarily a favorite retelling of mine, but it is one of the first YA retellings I read when getting back into the genre. 

Today I picked...

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce!

English Cover/ Original Cover

This is the original cover and the one that I own. I love this cover because of the two separate images you can see on it. The cover is also really accurate to the story as well, since it follows two sisters that fight against werewolves. You know a book cover is good if it compels you to buy it, and that is exactly what this one made me do a couple of years back!



Favorite Cover

 I find this edition just as stunning as the first one I showed. The reflection of the girl is really cool and they look almost identical, save the scar on the cheek of the bottom one, which is an infliction a character in the book has! This cover portrays the story really well, it's just more subtle than the first. I love the details in this cover and if I were a book collector, I would be ordering this one from the book depository! Also, this is a Thai edition, which I haven't seen yet since doing this weekly meme!


Least Favorite

It is no surprise that I do not like the German cover. They just don't seem to ever get it right! Though the cover isn't horrendous, it pales in comparison to the other editions out there. You can get an idea of the plot from this cover, but it just makes the book seem like another cookie cutter paranormal novel. Can't we have some originality instead of two girls running in the cliche fog-ridden woods? Lame.




So that is my post today! Have you read Sisters Read or any of the other fairytale retellings Jackson Pearce has done over the last couple of years?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

2 comments:

  1. I love the original cover. Sadly there was a lot of hype around this book, when I read it, and it kind of ruined it for me. I still liked it, but it was not something amazing. I'm going to give another chance to the author, because I like her writing style and she is a great person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I think I like this book so much just because I was so new to being a reader. At that time, I loved practically everything I read. I don't want to know my opinion if I read it nowadays! Thanks for visiting Zhana!

      Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

      Delete