Saturday, December 19, 2015

TBR Jar for 2016!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be showing you my TBR jar for 2016! This is going to be a fun, no pressure challenge for myself that will hopefully cut down on the amount of unread books I have on my shelves!

If you don't know what a TBR jar is, it is basically a jar filled with the names of the book you own but still not have read. TBR stands for to be read. I have never done a TBR jar, but decided it might be a fun challenge for me this upcoming year. I definitely have more books on my shelf I haven't read than I'd like to admit. Granted, I have a lot more read books than unread, so I am happy about that!

In total, there are 46 books I have not read on the shelves in my room. This isn't counting the books I will be receiving around Christmas. If I were to finish the jar, I would have to read about 4 books a month from it. Though I always read more than four books a month, I don't want to force myself into reading something I don't feel like reading at the time. That's why I'll be picking out four, and reading at least one and up to all of them per month. This way, I'm not feeling any sort of pressure!

The way I'm doing this means that I probably won't be reading every single book in this jar, and I'm fine with that. I frankly don't mind having unread books on my shelf as long as I know that I will read them. However, there are a lot of books that are sequels, so I know that if I don't like the first or second book once I read it, then I'll be taking out the names of all the books in the series. My goal is to at least have 25 or less names in the jar by the end of the year. All around are pictures of my jar. Then again, it isn't really a jar and more like an elephant shaped cup. :D Elephants are one of my favorite animals and nothing was in this cup, so I couldn't resist!

Have you guys done a TBR jar before or a planning to do one this upcoming year? If so, what's been your experience?

Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment