Saturday, December 5, 2015

December 2015 TBR!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! For the last month of this year (what the year is almost done?!) I want to have a tentative TBR. I'm not really good at sticking to TBRs, but I do know of four books that I'll be reading for sure! After those, who knows what I will read?


For Sure


1.) City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
This is the fourth novel in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I am reading her novels based on publication date, so after this I will be reading the second book in The Infernal Devices, Clockwork Prince. I really enjoyed City of Glass, the previous book, so hopefully I will like this one too! I heard that this novel is good, but not great. Hopefully I'll like it a bit more. I've been wanting to continue this series and the book has been in the back in my mind to read. I want to read this series slowly but surely and not rushing through it.

2.) Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Meagan Spooner
So I meant to read Illuminae in November for Sci Fi Month (hosted by Rinn Reads), and just didn't get to it in time. Illuminae is getting tons of buzz in the book community, and I cannot wait to see what it is all about! I've already flipped through some of the pages from the book, and it looks so cool! The format is unique and stylistic and I know I'll be sucked into the story once I start reading it.

3.) Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Their Fractured Light is another book by Meagan Spooner. Instead of being the first book in a series, this novel is the last! It just released on the first of this month and is ready to be picked up at my local library! I am excited to see how this series will conclude since it does have such an intricate plot.


4.) The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

This memoir is one I have to read for my AP English class at school, but I've actually had my eye on this for a time! My friends who have already started it love it, so I am excited to see what is in store. I haven't read a memoir in a long time and I'm going into it without any expectations.


Tentative


All three of these are actually the second book in a series!

5.) Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Stone Cold Touch is going to be a super fun sequel to White Hot Kiss, which I read earlier this year. I love the storyline. It is so original and fun to read, and Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing style is sure to make the book even more fun of a ride.


6.) The Rose Society by Marie Lu
This is the second book in Marie Lu's series that follows anti hero Adelina Amouteru in this fantasy series. I do have a couple faults with the series, but the story is compelling. News is that this is even darker than the first book in the series!

7.) The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

I have been meaning to read this book for so many months now! It has been sitting in my room, staring at me and I have just been really nervous to pick it up. The Winner's Curse, the first book in the series, was one of my favorites of last year, so I don't want this to disappoint. I've heard that this is even better than the first, so I hope it lives up to the hype.


That's it for today guys! What are you planning to read this year? If you've done a TBR, make sure to link it down below! Have you read any of these books above?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you guys soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

4 comments:

  1. I just read The Rose Society last night and it was EPIC! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Adelina is the coolest protagonist - she's so fascinating because of the way her power manipulates her even when she thinks that she's in control.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved it! After reading my two current reads, I think I'm going to be reading Rose Society and The Glass Castle! One of my favorite aspects of The Young Elites was how twisted Adelina became, and I hear that she gets even worse in the second!

      Thanks for stopping by Laura! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm planning on Illuminae, too. I just read The Rose Society not too long ago and it was great! Happy reading!

    By the way, I've nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we can buddy read it if you're up for it! And I'm hoping that I like the Rose Society. All the reviews I've read so far have been positive, so my expectations are pretty high.

      Thank you so much Lauren!

      Happy Reading! :)

      Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

      Delete