Monday, December 28, 2015

Least Favorite Books of 2015

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni and today I'll be listing my least favorite books of 2015. I did something similar to this on my post about my biggest disappointments of 2015, but you'll see that my picks actually differ quite a lot! I'll only be featuring six instead of the usual ten because thankfully, I had more books that I liked than disliked in 2015!

Keep in mind that while I did not like this book doesn't mean you won't! There are a lot of people that adore the books that I dislike, and vice versa. These are in no particular order except for the last book, which is my least favorite of the year.


Remember When by T. Torrest
I barely remember anything of Remember When. Remember When is this random book I found for free on iBooks, and I therefore had no expectations. I got just another run of the mill contemporary that didn't make me root for the characters or like them. They were very cookie cutter and didn't make me feel anything.

Shadow of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Shadow of the Mark is the sequel to Carrier of the Mark, which I read in December of 2014. The first novel was about a 3.75 star read for me, but this one was such a league lower than the first book. I didn't care for the characters as much and they seemed more annoying the second time around. The "love triangle" in this book was so poorly executed and I hated it. I think the reason this ranks as one of my least favorite books was because I had higher expectations for it.

Wanted by Kelly Elliot
When I saw this for free on the ibooks app, I immediately picked it up. The synopsis is right up my alley since it follows a verbally abused girl who falls in love with her best friend's brother. Wanted wasn't actually bad, I just couldn't suspend by disbelief. Though this is a contemporary, half way through the novel the characters were making decisions that would only occur years down the line. Instead of just seeing the two love interests get together, face some rocky moments, and get their happy ending, it happens over and over again. I was so tired of the drama by the time this book wrapped up.

Only for Him by Cristin Harbor
Only for Him was another bust for a free ebook. What made this get onto this list was the fact that I thought I was getting a fully fledged out novel and got a sorry excuse for one that topped out at 70 pages. The book ends on a cliffhanger that is trying to convince the reader to continue the series. Unfortunately, I just didn't have enough time to connect and care about the characters or plot. If this were a full novel and their was another two that finished up the series, there would be a better chance of me continuing the series.

Freak of Nature by Julia Crane
I heard about Freak of Nature through the booktube community, mainly from one channel. I started getting high expectations for it. This book is just another run of the mill sci-fi book that's free and filled with grammatical errors. The story was interesting, but I just couldn't handle the insta-love feel of this book and it didn't have any ending that compelled me to read the series.

Fill in Boyfriend by Kasie West
I don't think I can talk about this book without getting a bit angry. The more I think about it, the more I remember the bad and forget the good. The thing that surprises me the most is that even with the annoying characters and shallow plot, this made it into people's favorite lists of the year. I can't even fathom it. Obviously, this wasn't the book for me but this is a favorite among people, so go try it out if you want. The Fill in Boyfriend was my least favorite book of the year. 

That's it for today! Have you read any of these books mentioned above? If so, what did you think of them? What were some of your least favorite books of the year? If you've done a post like this on your blog, please link it down below! I'd love to check it out! :)


Thanks guys for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

2 comments:

  1. Usually it seems like I get the most irritated with contemporary...so I highly doubt I'll be picking it up. I'd rather avoid the annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the same goes for me. I think it is easier to get annoyed because it is so easy to put ourselves in their shoes. I can brush it off when a character makes decisions or acts a certain way that bugs me if they are set in a dystopian, fantasy, etc. world because I can't imagine myself in that situation. Contemporary is (unfortunately) at the other hand of the spectrum for me!

      Thanks for commenting Lauren! :D

      Genni

      Delete