Sunday, December 13, 2015

Meeting Marissa Meyer!

On November 13th, I had a great experience and got to meet Marissa Meyer. Meyer is one of my favorite authors and her Lunar Chronicles series is one of my favorite series of all time. When I heard that she was visiting a book store near me, I was so elated! I've been to two other book events beforehand, and this was by far the most fun I've ever had. 


Marissa Meyer retold Snow White, Grimm style. It was really fun and she put her own flair to it. The one thing that made the experience even more was that Meyer really knew how to work a crowd. She was so charismatic and funny. 

Down below are my pictures of my signed books, the book merch I received, and of the whole entire event! I never thought I'd have the opportunity to meet one of my favorite authors, and I am so glad I got the chance to meet her!


 
So here are the pictures of the signing! The line was pretty rushed at the event because more people showed up than expected, so at first they told me that I could only get three books signed. Luckily, they allowed Marissa to sign all four. I chose to get the stand on all of them and I think it makes the books look so bad-ass. 
So here are all the books on my bookshelf! I really love the look of them all together in one place. I did have to reorganize a lot in order to get them in, but it turned out so much better than I expected! On the left are the temporary Lunar inspired tattoos they gave us along with Winter gloves. They are also have the touch screen fingers so you can use them with your phone!


I had so much fun at this event and I am so glad I got the opportunity to go! Have you guys been to any book events? Did you have a good experience? What's an author you would die to meet?

Thanks guys for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post! 

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so cool! The books are all so pretty and I totally agree - the stamp looks so awesome :) I haven't been able to meet any authors yet but I hope to be able to go to an event soon!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you Laura! I'm sure you will get an amazing opportunity soon enough! :)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. That's so amazing! I'm jealous of both your books and your meeting with Meyer. That stamp looks amazing!

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Erika! I was a bit anxious the stamp wouldn't look good, but it came out better than I expected!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete