Thursday, December 24, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday: Series I Want to Start!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni and today I'm participating in Top 5 Wednesday! Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Lainey from gingerreadslainey. It is a weekly meme that gives a theme and we respond with five answers. If you're interested, check out our goodreads group here!

This prompt is series that we want to start next year. All of these five I had planned to read this year but never got around to. These are in no particular order! :)

Firebird Trilogy by Claudia Gray

It's really a shame I haven't started this series yet. This series has been on my radar before the first book was released in November. The hype of this series is unreal for this series and I hope that I will like it. If you don't know, the first book, A Thousand Pieces of You, is about Marguerite traveling through parallel worlds to find the murderer of her parents. Also, look at that cover! It's so pretty!

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

This is yet another hyped up series. I was planning on reading Red Queen right as it was released, but the buzz about this book was insane. I decided that I would just wait for it to die down just to be sure that my opinion wasn't influenced by the massive amounts of reviews flowing in. My expectations aren't that high for this book, so hopefully I won't be too disappointed! Red Queen is set in a dystopian fantasy world where people with red blood are normal humans and those with silver have super powers. Mare, our main character, realizes that she has a deadly power of her own, but she has red blood.

Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis

I've heard consistently great things about this dystopian novel. Plus, this series is only a duology, which makes me even more enticed because it is not too much commitment to get into the series. If you haven't heard about this duology, the two books follows apparent badass Lynn as she protects her one source of water after a severe drought occurs. Besides that, I don't know too much about it. I want to read the book without knowing too much and not having really any expectations.

Heirs of Watson Island by Martina Boone

I bought both A Thousand Pieces of You and Compulsion, the first book in the Heirs of Watson Island trilogy, during a book signing. A year has now come and gone since buying these books. I keep of seeing Compulsion on my shelf and really want to read this it. Once again, I don't know too much expect that the book features a age old curse that I am assuming the main character is trying to break. I've heard a lot of things about this series, mostly good but some bad, and I want to see for myself where I fall in the spectrum.

Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

The Wrath and the Dawn had to be one of the most hyped up young adult books of 2015! People went crazy when this book came out. Though I love jumping on the bandwagon along with everyone else, I wanted the talk to go down so that my opinion wouldn't be altered. This novel is the debut novel from Renee Ahdieh and is a retelling of A Thousand and One Arabian Nights, which is much loved as well. I did actually start reading this book earlier in 2015 but had to put it down due to my schedule. Hopefully I'll get around fit in 2016!


That's it for this Top 5 Wednesday post! Sorry it was a day late. Christmas shopping and a sleepover will do that to you. :D Have you read any of the series mentioned above? What are some series you want to start in 2016?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of the series you mentioned, but Firebird, Not a drop to drink and Wrath and the Dawn though all of them are on my TBR list, I have heard many good things about them.

    - Miss Phi @ Miss Phi's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was noticing the same thing with other people's T5W! It's insane to think about all the series I want to read and still haven't! Here goes to getting that number down in 2016! :D

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

      Delete
  2. I have "Red Queen" and I really want to read it, but I want to wait until at least one more book in the series comes out :)
    I've seen "Not a Drop to Drink" around some blogs and youtube videos and it sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I've done that to several series recently, including Throne of Glass. Yeah I've heard good things here and there and want to check it out myself. :D

      Happy Holidays!
      Genni

      Delete
  3. I want to read The Wrath And The Dawn so much but for whatever reasons haven't done it yet...
    Also, I personally really loved Red Queen. I read when it just came out and I wasn't on Goodreads and all that other stuff yet so I didn't catch much of the hype which was actually pretty good for my expectations, I think :D

    Anyway, great post, Genni!

    Gina @ A Thousand Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read it soon! We'll see what we think about it. :) That's awesome you didn't make other people's opinion influence your own! I think that is one of the main downfalls I have with goodreads. I'm so glad you loved it!

      Thanks so much Gina!

      Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read The Wrath and the Dawn and I can say it is a nice version of A Thousand and One Arabian Nights. I listened to it on Audible and it was really really interesting. I have read Red Queen and I would say READ IT now if you can. This book is amazing and I would highly recommend it, because it deserves all of the hype it has!

    Amy @The Little Booknerd in the Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news on both accounts! I have only listened to a couple books, but I want to get more into audio books. My library has a good selection, so hopefully I'll get around to it this upcoming year! And will do! I want to read The Red Queen in January or February.

      Thanks so much for stopping by Amy! :)

      Delete
  6. The first three on your list are pretty awesome-even Red Queen although it's not all that original. :)

    I'm currently about 3/4 through The Wrath and the Dawn and it's very good as well.

    ReplyDelete