Friday, July 15, 2016

The Friday 56 with Book Beginnings! No. 5

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today I am participating in Friday 56 and Book Beginnings. They are hosted by Freda's Voice and Rose City Reader, respectively. 

The rules are simple for both. For the Friday 56, we turn to page 56 or 56% in our e-reader and highlight a passage of any book! Book Beginnings is where you feature the first sentence (or so) of a book and give your thoughts and impressions.

Book Beginnings

My choice for Book Beginnings this week is Flawed by Cecilia Ahern. I got this from my library a bit back, but I haven't been able to read it yet. I do want to get around to it before the school year starts later next month. Flawed is a YA dystopian, but I don't know too much besides that.

Friday 56
This passage is from November 9 by Colleen Hoover, an NA contemporary novel. This was my most recent read, and I really loved it. A full review will be coming soon if I can get my thoughts coherent enough. :) This passage is right when Fallon starts getting her confidence back, and it shows just how strong she really is. 

If you participated in either Friday 56 or Book Beginnings, feel free to leave your link down below and I'll go check it out! 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!
  

16 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. The opening makes me want to get to know the character, and I'm curious about her visible scars.
    My Friday post features THE REVENANT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does for me as well! Right after I made the image I read the first couple of pages because I was so drawn in! I'll be sure to check out your post!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read either of these, but of the two I'm most interested in Flawed. I haven't seen it around the blogosphere much, but I remember seeing it at the bookstore and thinking it looked interesting a few weeks ago.... happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that Flawed is more up your ally as well! It's a dystopian while November 9 is a contemporary. You too Lauren! :)

      Delete
  3. Both quotes are interesting, thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this one. I hope you do too. I am spotlighting Carry On by Rainbow Rowell this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, both snippets were really strong features! I got lucky. You too, Kathy! I'll be sure to visit your post.

      Delete
  5. I've heard great things about both of these books. I love that beginning for Flawed especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a strong opening line! I haven't read Flawed yet, but I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Happy weekend!

      Delete
  6. I wanna read Cecelia Ahern's book, since I liked another of hers. November 9 sounds super=awesome though too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea she wrote another book! I'm looking it up right now. :D November 9 (I think) is my third favorite CoHo book (under Maybe Someday and Ugly Love)! You too, Freda! Happy weekend!

      Delete
    2. Colleen Hoover is an author I have been wanting to try. Looks like a good book. Happy Reading!

      Delete
    3. You too Heather! I would recommend Slammed as the first book you read by CoHo. :D

      Delete
  7. Both teasers are great - and the 56 is so true - some people wear their scars physically while a lot of people have emotional scars we can't see - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I chose that quote for the excerpt! I'll be sure to check it out Maria! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete