Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! Today I'm going to be doing something a little different: an award post! Way, wayyy back in the day I was tagged for the Liebster Award. Earlier this month, I was tagged again by Amy @ A Magical World of Words. Thank you Amy! Make sure to check out her blog! :) So here's a part two!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they wrote for you.
- Nominate 11 people. Give them your set of 11 questions to answer.
1) If you were a colour, what would you be? (What colour best suits your personality?)
Hard question! I think I'll have to choose one of my favorite colors, which is this light sky blue. You know when the sky is super blue when you look up and when you get closer to the horizon, it gets so light it is almost white? That blue!
2) A magical animal you'd love to have as a pet? You know, my first thought when I read this was a teacup pig. I know they aren't technically magical, but they are to me! And really who can say no to teacup pigs?!
3) Guilty pleasure book?
I would have to say anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout! Her books aren't literary genius, but they sure are fun to read and their breakneck pace really keeps me going. Her Dark Elements trilogy is my all time guilty pleasure. I mean, the series is about a half demon and half gargoyle who kills anyone she loves who is in a love triangle with a demon and a gargoyle. When I try explaining the plot to anyone, all I get are weird looks. :D
4) Would you rather live in Oz or Neverland, and why?
I think I would do Oz. It's been such a long time since I've seen The Wizard of Oz or Peter Pan, but I'm leaning towards Oz. I mean, I don't want to be surrounded by some prepubescent boys on an island...
5) You're only allowed to watch 1 movie your entire life. What movie would you choose?
Oh my goodness Amy!! You are killing me! This is pretty torturous. I have four answers, and I think I would be happy with either of them. First is Get Out, a 2016 thriller/mystery which was written, co-produced, and directed by Jordan Peele. The movie is stunning, and there is more to gain with every viweing of us. My second choice is Sleepless in Seattle. Sleepless in Seattle is such a classic rom-com and I just love it to bits. The romantic in me just loves it. My third choicec is Another Earth, starring Brit Marling. Another Earth has a special place in my heart for me; it was the movie that made me want to start watching movies mroe regulalry and critically. And last but not least is Baby Driver! Now this might be a situational choice, considering that I just watched the movie last night. But it's blend of action, romance, and music made me fall in love. Much like Get Out, there's little tidbits that you don't pick up on until you watch it for a second time.
Okay, that was a long answer! I couldn't choose just one!
6) You're stranded on an island with Hermione Granger and Katniss Everdeen. Who do you think is more likely to escape without you and leave you behind - given dire circumstances?
So I might not be the best to answer this because I've only read the first Harry Potter book (seen all the movies) and have read the Hunger Games trilogy and have seen all the movies. But, I would have to go with Hermione. It's so hard to gain Katniss' trust, and she only is truly loyal to the poeple she loves. I don't think that I would gain her loyalty if we were on a stranded island. Hermione, however, seems a bit more trusting, and to be honest, nicer.
7) One book that forever changed your life? Without doubt, the book that forever changed my life was Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I had this read to me in my fourth grade class, and it completely hooked me into reading. Right away I picked up the rest of the series that was out and read them. I was in love with the world and with reading in general, and really shaped me into who I am today.
8) Who's your fictional hero/role model?
I don't really know for this. No one came to mind right away, but the more I think the more I'm leaning towards Belly Conklin from the Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han. Han is one of my favorite authors, and it's because of how realistic and relatable her characters are. Belly doesn't have everything figured out, but her character growth throughout the trilogy is touching. I hope to age as gracefully as she did!
9) Would you rather drown in ice-cream or burn in pizza? (I'm weird, I know).
I'm going with burn in pizza! I have heard that drowning is the most painful way to die, and I know that I would be fighting against my instincts to breathe in the ice cream and drown. I would hate to go out that way. But if I burn in pizza, I could just pass out from smoke inhalation and be blissfully unaware that I was dying.
10) What's one famous book you wish you'd written?
I don't have an answer for this! I don't think I would want to take credit for someone's work. I'm good with just loving and admiring from afar!Okay, this was just too easy! I will never, ever read Fifty Shades of Gray. It's not that I have anything against erotica, but if I want to read erotica, there are surely better written books than Fifty Shades of Grey.
11) What's one book you know you'll never, ever read?
11) What's one book you know you'll never, ever read?
Lauren @ Always Me
Laura @ Blue Eye Books
Angel Erin @ Angel Erin's Book Obsession
Atlas Rising Books
Deborah @ Hills of Books
and anyone else who wants to do the tag!!
Here are my questions!
1) What is your favorite book of the year so far?
2) If you could un-read a book, what would it be?
3) If you could read a book again like it was the first time, what would it be?
4) What advice would you give to a blogger who just started off?
5) Shout out some of your favorite bloggers!
6) Dream cast the book you answered for number 1!
7) What is your favorite classic or a classic that you want to read right away?
8) What do you prefer: e-books, audiobooks, hardcover, or paperback?
9) If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be?
10) What has been the best movie you have seen all year?
11) And lastly (and possibly most importantly).... dogs or cats?
What are some of your answers to any of these 22 questions in this post? Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!
Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!