Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday #38

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday. WoW was hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Every week we showcase an upcoming release we are excited about. Jill hasn't been posting for quite some time, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted and renamed WoW to Can't Wait Wednesday.

My pick for this week  is Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows! 
Before

Mira Minkoba is the Hopebearer. Since the day she was born, she’s been told she’s special. Important. Perfect. She’s known across the Fallen Isles not just for her beauty, but for the Mira Treaty named after her, a peace agreement which united the seven islands against their enemies on the mainland.

But Mira has never felt as perfect as everyone says. She counts compulsively. She struggles with crippling anxiety. And she’s far too interested in dragons for a girl of her station.

After

Then Mira discovers an explosive secret that challenges everything she and the Treaty stand for. Betrayed by the very people she spent her life serving, Mira is sentenced to the Pit–the deadliest prison in the Fallen Isles. There, a cruel guard would do anything to discover the secret she would die to protect.

No longer beholden to those who betrayed her, Mira must learn to survive on her own and unearth the dark truths about the Fallen Isles–and herself–before her very world begins to collapse.
Why I'm Waiting

I saw this on someone else's WoW/CWW post two or so weeks ago, and they completely sold me! At first the synopsis comes off like any other fantasy novel. The main character is a special snowflake that will save the world. Except, she isn't! She's not a perfect princess, in fact, there's mental health in here! Which in my opinion, changes the whole game. Then there's the fact that she is sentenced to prison and also loved dragons. So...count me in!


Are you looking forward to Before She Ignites?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

36 comments:

  1. YES YES YES!! AMAZING CHOICE THIS WEEK!! I am also SO excited for this book, it just sounds incredible.
    Hope we both love it when we read it!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA THANK YOU!!! I can tell you're excited! :D Yes, fingers crossed!!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Seeing a lot of this one lately! Hope you enjoy it as well once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! It's getting a lot of attention; I hope it's worth it!

      Delete
  3. I am definitely looking forward to reading this book! There is a giveaway on Goodreads, FYI. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll enter it! There's a close to zero chance I'll get it, but it's worth trying out! Thank you Alyssa! You too. :D

      Delete
  4. I'm super excited for this one too! The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis sounds so interesting. Great choice!
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I hope the book is a good as its cover. :D

      Delete
  5. This is the first I'm hearing about this but it sounds like an interesting read. It lost me with her being told she's "perfect." I'm so tired of the special characters who everyone fawns over. I love that that is not the case with this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah at first the synopsis sounded like another book where the main character is a special snowflake, but I'm glad it's not!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful cover and it really does sounds good too. Nice pick!

    Jenea's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sold on this one too. I think it's been on my list forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a lot of people are really excited for it! I hope you love it. :)

      Delete
  8. I love the mental health rep, hope it's done well. Love the cover too. Is that two moons??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're right! I didn't even pay attention to the cover enough to notice the two moons!

      Delete
  9. I loved Jodi Meadows first two books, although I haven't had a chance to finish that series yet, I need to. This is high up on my TBR as well. In fact I just entered to win an ARC of this on Goodreads today! Great pick! Thanks for visiting my Wednesday post on Lisa Loves Literature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't read anything by Jodi Meadows, but her books have such good reviews! Ooh good luck with the giveaway! I entered it too. :D

      Delete
  10. I have been wanting to read a Jodi Meadows book, and am excited that this will be my first one. This book is a splendid mix of interesting things. Fantasy MC with mental health issues, who is thrust into a life or death situation. Sounds like it will be great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first one as well! I hope it is great!

      Delete
  11. I've seen this one around and it looks great!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so good! I'm adding it to my TBR, and I love the cover as well:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I convinced you! The cover is stunning. :D

      Delete
  13. I'm dying to read this one!! I hope we both love it when it comes out :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the new name for this book meme. Should we all start calling it Can't Wait Wednesday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a decision depending on the blogger. I personally didn't want to call it Can't Wait Wednesday until I was certain that Jill wasn't coming back. I had only been doing the meme for about 20 weeks too, so I imagine that is will be a bit weirder for a blogger that had been doing Waiting on Wednesdays for years.

      Delete
  15. This gem has been getting such love on the blogosphere! I hope it's a a lovely read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! It looks fantastic, but I don't want to get too hyped and then be disappointed.

      Delete
  16. I love a lot of things about this one - the cover, the mental health rep, the premise - I hope it's as good as it sounds! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is as good as it sounds! Thanks Di. :)

      Delete
  17. So sorry for the late comment back, Gennifer.....:( I've been a little TOO busy, lol. But here I am now!! <3

    AWESOME pick!! I can't wait for this one, either!! I featured it myself on "Can't Wait Wednesday" about a month ago. It sure looks like a LOT of people are anxious for this book to be published already! :)

    Thanks for commenting on my CWW post!! Have a GREAT week!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally fine Maria!! I completely understand, and I've been much far behind than you at times! XD

      Maybe that's when I first saw it! I've been seeing it hopping around of CWW posts here and there, so it seems like the blogosphere is ready for this book already!

      You're welcome! Thanks for commenting back. <3 You as well!!

      Delete
  18. I picked this is a WoW pick, too, so yeah, great pick! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete