Monday, July 31, 2017

July 2017 Wrap Up!

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be wrapping up July! July felt SO long for me. On the second I went on a beach trip to Hilton Head with my friend, and then we drove up to Carolina beach on the 5th to meet our mutual friend. I got home on the 9th and then went off to college orientation on the 12th and 13th. If you are wondering, I am going to UNC Chapel Hill. Orientation was long but really fun, and everyone was super nice. There was one girl I met who I really got along with, and we actually got into the same class!

As for the remainder of the month, I got back on track with my workout routine. I am a member of Jazzericise (which I adore!) but I had barely gone in the beginning of the month because of how busy I was and started to feel gross. I also registered for classes, de-cluttered my bookshelves and closet, and other little things.

I think this July was the best reading month for me! It sounds silly because I was pretty busy the first half, but I ended up reading a lot (8 novels, 3 volumes of manga, 1 graphic novel, and 1 audiobook for a total of 13 things!!)













And those are the books I read this month! I only had one book I didn't like, so July was a complete success. 

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!


12 comments:

  1. OMG! Huge congrats on UNC Chapel Hill! I went to Hopkins and it's so cool to see someone else in the book blogging world heading to a top university (nooooooot that there is anything bad about going to a non-top university - or not going to university at all). I'm excited for you!

    So happy that you loved When Dimple Met Rishi and End of Days! I adored those two.

    Have a lovely week, Genni! =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alyssa! One of my best friends is actually going to Johns Hopkins for biomedical engineering! I'm excited too! It's also around 40 minutes away from home, which I think is a good fit for me because I tend to get homesick easily.

      They have completely different feels, but they were both what I needed. I finished End of Days and immediately read When Dimple Met Rishi because I wanted something cute and fun. :)

      Thanks Alyssa! You as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on UNC Chapel Hill!! And it's so awesome that the girl you got along with is in your class. YAY!

    So glad you had a great reading month and that you loved WDMR :) I need to read that so badly.

    Hope August is a wonderful month for you, Genni! <3

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy!! I was so relieved when we figured that out. I know at least one person I really want to be friends with, which is super nice. I know a couple people going there, but I don't necessarily want to be best friends with them, you know?

      I hope you love it Amy! It is such a heartwarming and funny book.

      Thank you! You as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Great reading month for you :) http://latteandabook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surprisingly did! Thanks for stopping by Jeanette!

      Delete
  4. Oh awesome!! Congratulations on your admission to UNC Chapel Hill! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on UNC! That's awesome and I'm glad you're meeting people and making friends already!

    Oops - I fell of the rails this year with workouts but I will get back into it!

    Well done on all the reads! That's awesome! I hope August is as good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Di! It's hard to get back into working out after you've been off of it. At least, that's my experience! I hope August is good for you too!

      Delete