Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Make Me Read It Readathon // Vote for What I Read!

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and this is my sign up post for the Make Me Read It Readathon. I participated in the readathon last year, and had a great time with it!

Here is some info about the readathon!
Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you’ve borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I’d pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten.

Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers/bookstagrammers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read.

When the readathon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there’s a tie, then it’s your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible.
The Readathon is hosted by Ely @ Tea and Tiles and Val @ The Innocent Smiley! The readathon is from August 6 to August 12, starting at midnight wherever you are.

As for what I read, here's a poll! I hope to read at least three books. If you don't know though, I am a mood reader so if I'm really not feeling something, I'll just move to the next most-voted book.


Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

28 comments:

  1. Aw Gennifer you have a great a list!! I couldn't decide between Compulsion and the Kasie West book... good luck!!!

    Marissa
    Reading List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It seems like everything is tied up right now. I've got one vote for Kasie West, one for Compulsion, and one for The Wrath and the Dawn! We'll see how it turns out. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. I just made it worse lol I voted for the only one I had heard of "The Diabolic" and noticed everything has one vote so far. It still had time to remedy though and thanks for voting on mine as well.

      Delete
    3. Haha, that's alright! If that happens I'll just read whichever one I'm in the mood for. :D Thanks for stopping by and voting!

      Delete
  2. I voted for The Wrath and the Dawn, because it's also on my TBR and I've heard good things!! HAPPY READING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay thank you for voting! I hope we both love it!

      Delete
  3. I clicked on the image but not sure the vote went through?
    I voted for Brave New Girl, haven't heard anything about it but it looks interesting! If my vote hasn't been added please go ahead and add that for me, apologies it may just be my laptop haaha. Good Luck!!

    CT : My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no votes for BNG until now, so it looks like it went in! I'm actually reading it now though. I got it from the library and I just couldn't resist starting it. Thanks Chloe!

      Delete
  4. Hi Genni!
    So, I voted for Wrath and the Dawn. I read that one a few months back, and I had mixed feelings about it. The writing is beautiful, though. Perhaps you'll like it. Then, I was evil and refreshed to vote for Ten Thousand Skies Above You, because the cover is beautiful (also the whole series is on my TBR. Very curious to see what you think of it).
    Hope you end up loving the books you'll be reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard some very good and some meh things about Wrath and the Dawn. At least I know it won't be awful. I've met Renee a couple times too (she's a local author where I'm at) and I've always felt so bad for not reading anything by her! It looks like the readathon is when that will change. :) I secretly want Ten Thousand Skies to be one of the top picks, so I'm glad you were evil haha!
      Thanks so much for voting. :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. That one is slowly but surely climbing the ranks! It looks super cute. <3 Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  6. Compulsion is excellent - Happy reading, Genni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you picked that! Hopefully it will be one of the top choices. Thanks Lauren!

      Delete
  7. Great list! I picked The Wrath and the Dawn because it's the only one I've read and I absolutely loved it. XD Good luck! :-)
    -Amy @ burstingwithbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I hope I love Wrath and the Dawn. I either hear amazing things or just okay things.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely! I hope so too! Well, that's better than hate! XD

      Delete
    3. Exactly! At the least I'll feel meh about it haha!

      Delete
  8. I voted for the Kasie West because it looks summery, but I liked Brave New Girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually reading Brave New Girl right now (I couldn't control myself) so it's already out of the running. XD

      Delete
  9. I wish I have time for this read-a-thon... ahhh, I'm so jealous!! I voted for The Reader! I'd love to read what you think of that one! I have it on my wishlist. Good luck with the read-a-thon, Genni! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe next time!! If The Reader isn't one of the top picks, I'll just read it right after. I got it from my library a couple of days ago, and it's ready to be read! Thanks czai. :D

      Delete
  10. What a cool widget! I think I may use this for my poll :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The only thing I would say is that I've always had to use their other html code, and not the one that was recommended. The recommended one just doesn't load for me or loads very slowly!

      Delete
  11. The Reader did I choose for you :) Doing this readathon as well. http://latteandabook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope to get to that one. :)I'll be sure to vote for you!

      Delete