Monday, June 27, 2016

Make Me Read It Readathon!

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm having a bit of a crisis: I don't know what to read. I've seen some recent posts for the Make Me Read It Marathon, and I decided to join in! The readathon is hosted by Val @ The Innocent Smiley and Ely @ Tea & Titles. The readathon is from July 9th to 16th.


Here is some info about the readathon:
Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you've borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I'd pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten.
Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read.
When the readathon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there's a tie, then it's your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible. 


I picked ten book for you to vote on! I want to read around 6 books, so here are my picks. Six is an optimistic number, but who knows what will happen!

I am SO excited for this readathon. I'm a mood reader, so I don't know if I'll be that successful, but I hope I will be! Thanks for voting! If you are participating in the readathon, let me know in the comments! I'd love to check out your post. :D 

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post! 

Happy Reading! 

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

26 comments:

  1. YES to Sabriel! I think it is slightly underrated because of how old it is, but I absolutely loved it when I first read it!

    Thank you so much for joining! Can't wait to see which books will be picked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sabriel is such a classic fantasy YA series. I thought it was about time I read it. :D

      You're welcome!! I am really looking forward to it. :D

      Delete
  2. Good idea! I voted for A Darker Shade of Magic! It is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I was actually thinking of doing just a normal poll until I saw the readathon and I thought, why not? I'm really hoping it's in the top 6!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the Covenant series! I hope you enjoy Pure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I read Half-Blood a couple months back and just ordered the rest of the series from Amazon!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That seems to be one of the most popular ones in the poll! Thanks for visiting Ronyell! :)

      Delete
  5. Sabriel because, well, just because. :) Hope you have an awesome time reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read A Darker Shade of Magic, but I read The Archived and loved it! I just recommend V.E. Schwab as an author... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read any Schwab, so I hope I like A Darker Shade of Magic!

      Delete
  7. Yay, i voted. :) You had some good choices. :)

    Here’s my list for voting: My Reading Prospects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Thanks Margaret! I'm heading over to your link now. :D

      Delete
  8. A Darker Shade of Magic is SO incredible, I am glad it's winning so far! Here's my link for voting: The Book Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting really excited to read it now that I see how many votes it's been having! I'm heading over now to vote. :)

      Delete
  9. ADSOM is really good so I'm glad its getting a lot of votes. My vote went to November 9 because I really enjoyed it when I read it last year. But the Red Queen was in my list as well--so you have some great choices!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In glad you voted for November 9! I really hope to read that during the readathon! :D Thank you! And you too! :)

      Delete
  10. I voted for November 9. I read this book a while back and I really enjoy Colleen Hoover's writing style and find that all her books are just so fast paced.

    Thanks for voting on mine :), good luck with the readathon!

    chloreads.blogspot.co.uk 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for voting! I've loved the majority of the CoHo books, so I hope I love November 9 as well. I completely agree with you. :D

      Thanks! You too. :)

      Delete
  11. I voted for Darker Shade of Magic, because I seriously need to crack that open myself! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! Here is hoping that I love it after getting all these votes. :)

      Delete
  12. A Darker Shade of Magic is an awesome read. I hope you enjoy it!

    I'd love if you would vote on my list! :) - http://www.smilingshelves.com/home/make-me-read-it-readathon-vote-please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Oh, and of course! Heading over there now. :D

      Delete
  13. Beautiful Disaster is on my list too! I voted for November 9, which I read last year and really liked. I think Ugly Love is my all-time favourite CoHo book, but November 9 is still a very solid read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugly Love and Maybe Someday are my favorite CoHo books! I hope I like it! Thanks for voting Melissa. :D

      Delete