Wednesday, July 31, 2019

An Impromptu Readathon | My Disney-a-thon TBR!

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'm going to be sharing with you my TBR for Disney-a-thon, a readathon I recently found about on twitter. You can go check out all the info here on the profile for the readathon.

Image result for tangled posterNow, if you know anything about me, I suck at TBRs. And normally, that means I suck at readathons. You see, I'm a mood reader. If you don't know what that means, I essentially let the wind take me where it goes. I never have that many plans on what I'll read next. The only time that I actually read books at specific times are when I'm assigned to read them by a certain date, whether that is an ARC I have, or a book for a class.

Despite my failed TBRs of the past, here is mine plan for Disney-a-thon. I took the quiz to find out which team I'm starting wtih, and it looks like it's Team Tangled for me!

Going by the prompts, here are the books I'm reading.




Goodreads
The first book that came to mind for this prompt was The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary. However, when I tried to request it from my local library, I couldn't! Lo and behold, I requested this weeks ago, and it still hasn't come in. Since the book isn't coming in anytime soon, I decided to take a go at Check, Please! by Ngozi Ukazu. All I know about this well-loved graphic novel follows an LGBTQ+ relationship. That's literally all I know, besides the fact that it takes place in university and has a hockey focus, and that's all I need to know.


Goodreads

After reading Check, Please!, I'm due to read a dark and/or mysterious book. I actually have an advanced readers copy, or ARC, of Containment by Caryn Lix, which fits perfectly for this prompt. Containment is the sequel to Sanctuary, which released last year. I'll admit, I've read the first couple pages of the novel, and it's already introduces some pretty tricky moral dilemmas and seems to be rife with tension and PTSD. Cue the darkness!




Goodreads

Much like the case for the first prompt, I had a book in mind right away after seeing this prompt, Ayesha at Last by Uzma Jalaluddin. And just like the other prompt, Ayesha at Last won't be available to me for quite a bit, even after placing a request. Instead of Ayesha at Last, I decided to read another Pride and Prejudice retelling: Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev! I'm looking forward to reading a diverse P&P retelling. Also, this cover is just beautiful.




Goodreads

I'll be honest, it was difficult to find a book that truly fit this prompt. Yes, I could have just chosen a dystopian novel, but I don't think it was truly out of my comfort zone. After some searching, I decided on Norco '80 by Peter Houlahan. Norco '80 is actually a nonfiction book based on a true crime. I would say that the five heavily armed men that attempt to rob a bank were pretty power-hungry. Plus, I don't read much nonfiction (like, at all), so this is out of my comfort zone! I hope it's a quick read.




Goodreads

Now this was an easy decision, one that wasn't made by me! One of the challenges for Team Tangled is to read a group book. The hosts decided on A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer for Team Tangled. Now, I'm going to be honest, while I've heard of this book and the great reviews, I just wasn't that interested. However, a Beauty and the Beast retelling sounds fun, and I think if I give this a shot, I'll actually quite enjoy myself.



After finishing the challenges for team Tangled, I have the great ability to move around the board. This means that I don't need to follow the map, but instead go around the board and do what I want! This works perfectly for me, since I don't have that much of a plan!  

Are you participating in Disney-a-thon? If so, what team are you and what do you plan on reading? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment