Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: My Auto-Buy Authors

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! Today I'm going to be participating in the weekly meme Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish ! My goal is to do these every Tuesday and today's topic is our auto-buy authors. If you don't know what auto-buy author is, it means that a person will buy an author's books for no other reason then that the author wrote them. Since I don't buy books that often  because I don't have the money, a lot of these are going to be auto-read authors.
These are in no particular order!

Colleen Hoover (left)



I have loved every single Hoover book I've read and I'm highly anticipating November 9, which is coming out *sigh* November 10 this year. Though I haven't read all of her books, I do own all of them except Never, Never and it's counterpart. Hoover has yet to disappoint me and she has definitely become one of my favorite authors throughout this year.



Beth Revis (right) 

I started reading Revis a really long time ago, when I just was getting back into reading, which is one of the reasons I still read her novels today. Her Across the Universe trilogy holds a special place in my heart and I've bought every single one of her books to date. Though I haven't read The Body Electric yet, it stares at me while sitting on its shelf and I'm eagerly anticipating the day I do sit down and read it.


Gena Showalter

Gena Showalter literally killed me with her first three books in the White Rabbit Chronicles. When  I heard that a fourth book was going to be released, I was overjoyed! Though I haven't read any of her stuff outside of young adult, I'm probably going to look into it once I'm a bit older. Or when I get the chance! Her writing is so addicting and fun and once I start one of her books, I can't put it down. I remember reading Alice in Zombieland, the first in the White Rabbit Chronicles on my computer because my Nook died until four in the morning! Talk about a captivating read!




Jenny Han

Jenny Han is one of my all time favorite authors! I picked up the Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy on a whim and is truly the series that got me reading again. Han is such a great author and if I were to get a Barnes & Noble gift card right now, I would buy the rest of the books I don't own yet. No matter what she puts out, I'm going to read it.




Jennifer L. Armentrout



Armentrout is one of those authors that I never thought I would love. I just recently finished Opposition, the concluding novel in the Lux series (review coming soon!) and I'm so looking forward to reading more of her books! I've also read Frigid and Scorched by her as well and I know no matter what genre she writes in, I'm going to want it.



Lisa Schroeder

Lisa Schroeder is an author that I absolutely love. She writes most of her novels in verse, and I can't get enough of them. Though I haven't read all of her books just because my library doesn't have them, I've never been disappointed by her. I can't count the times I have read I Heart You, You Haunt Me and Chasing Brooklyn. They are so good and are definitely two of my favorite books of all time.

Morgan Matson


Morgan Matson is the type of author that pulls on your heart strings and never lets go. Though I've only read two of her books, I love them to pieces and hopefully, I'm going to be able to pick up Second Chance Summer really soon. I truly love Since You've Been Gone, and even after a year of having read it, I still think back to the book whenever my mind is just wandering.





Tahereh Mafi

Tahereh Mafi is amazing. Not only does she write amazing novels, she is so funny! I'm so excited for the TV adaption of the Shatter Me series and I'm going to be reading anything she ever puts out. The Shatter Me trilogy is one of my favorite dystopian series I have ever read and I love Mafi's writing style. Not only is it poetic and mesmerizing, it's filled to the brim with emotions.



Marissa Meyer

Marissa Meyer is such an amazing author. I can't get enough of the Lunar Chronicles. I just saw that she is coming relatively near me for the release of Winter, and I'm stopping myself from running to Barnes and Noble right now and buying her books. I only own Cinder, but her series is one of my favorites and I might die out of happiness when I read Winter later this year.






Veronica Rossi




Last but certainly not least is author Veronica Rossi. Her Under the Never Sky trilogy is near perfection and I can't wait to read some of her other novels. Her characters are so real and believable and her writing truly makes you care for
them. Whatever Rossi writes, I read.




Hope you guys liked my list! Do we have any authors in common? Happy Reading!

~Genni from Ready, Set , Read!

No comments:

Post a Comment