Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Novels I'm Looking Forward To!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! Today I am partcipating in the weekly meme Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. Be sure to check them out here on their website! Today's theme was top ten debut novels we are looking forward to! I changed it up a bit and just did my most anticipated 2016 reads, not debuts. Here's my list! It was so hard doing just ten, so there is are two honorable mentions. Four of these don't have their final covers, but I'm sure they'll be amazing!

 10.) Heartless by Marissa Meyer
 Heartless is a standalone prequel novel about the Queen of Red Hearts in Alice in Wonderland and how she got so horrible. Is it bad to say I'm looking forward to her corruption? Because I am. A lot! Also, if it is Marissa Meyer, there is a really good chance I'm going to LOVE this book!

9.) The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
Okay, don't kill me, but I still haven't read The Winner's Crime. It's been sitting in my room for months now and I've renewed it too many times to count from the library. I did the same with the Winner's Curse, and it is all because I'm nervous it won't live up to the hype. I do want to be able read to this once it comes out though!

8.) Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
A short story collection in a world of one of my favorite series? YES! I'll for sure be getting this one and reading it in 2016.

7.) The Crown by Kiera Cass
It's not that I love the Selection series by Keira Cass, but more like I need to know what happens and who Eadlyn ends up with.

6.) Starflight by Melissa Landers
Starflight just sounds like all around space junkie fun. Melissa Landers wrote the Alienated series, and while it isn't my favorite, I had so much fun reading the books and it was a great experience.

5.)The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
Jessica Khoury has been on my radar for a while now because she writes science fiction, but the Forbidden Wish might be the one I actually read. Also, that cover. SO PRETTYYYY.
4.) My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand
Way back in the beginning of 2015, I went to one of Cynthia Hand's signing and she was talking about his book and it sounds like so much fun! She sold me completely on it!

3.) Let the Wind Rise by Shannon Messenger
Even though the series had a cover change, *cries*I'm still highly anticipating this concluding novel of one of my favorite YA paranormal series!
2.) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
This wasn't on my list to begin with because the more I think about A Court of Thorns and Roses, the more problems I have with it. (I first gave it a glowing review, which you can find here) Needless to say, I will be continuing on with the series because I'm curious.

1.) Surge by Melissa West
Okay, Surge is a prequel full length novel to a series that I just finished earlier this month. (Check out my review here!) When I heard this news, I was so happy! I've always wondered about the origin story of Melissa West's Taking trilogy, and now I'll know! *happy dance*

Honorable Mentions


United by Melissa Landers
United is the final book in the Alienated trilogy! At first, there was some questions on if it would be a duology or trilogy, but I'm so happy we get a third book!

The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine

C.J. Redwine wrote the Defiance trilogy, which I concluded this year. I really loved the last two books, so I'm excited to see how this one goes! It sounds really amazing. Find my reviews of Deception and Deliverance, the last two books in her other trilogy, here and here !



Here's hoping that by the time the end of 2016 rolls around, I would have read these novels!

Thanks guys for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to The Shadow Queen! CJ Redwine is an absolute master with words. Her Defiance trilogy was utterly amazing! :D
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for it! I agree with you! Her trilogy was amazing and Deliverance was such a great concluding novel for the series. One of the best conclusions of a series I have read!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to anything Marissa Meyer cares to write!

    Check out my Music Monday and TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the same boat as you! I've loved everything she has written, so I know I will at least like her stuff!

      Definitely Lauren! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness ALL OF THESE! There are so many amazing books coming out next year! I'll read anything Sarah J. Maas has to offer and The Winner's Kiss should be so good! I can't wait to see how everything with Kestrel and Arin ends up. And who could forget The Crown? I'm with you - I don't necessarily love the series anymore, but I really want to know how it ends. Lovely list!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! I can't wait for this new year because of all these amazing releases. While I have for sure shipped couples before in novels, I am such a massive fan of Kestrel and Arin! I hope that they get their happy ending, but I don't think Marie Rutkoski would give them that without a major cost. As for The Crown, I think it will be a solid four star read. Eadlyn has grown on me, so I don't think I'll have as many complaints as I did with The Heir.

      Happy Weekend Laura!

      Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to A Court of Mist and Fury, although I wasn't entirely keen on ACOTAR, as I'm curious to see where the series goes next.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/top-ten-tuesday-33/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I understand where your coming from with ACOTAR. I loved it when I first read it, but the more I think about it the more problems I see. I am pretty sure I was just swept away by the hype.

      I'll be sure to check it out!
      Thanks for visiting!

      Genni

      Delete