Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten OTPs in YA Books!

Hey guys and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni and today I'll be participating in the weekly meme Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the lovely ladies from The Broke and the Bookish. Because Valentine's Day is this week, this week's theme is a Valentine's themed post. 


I figured I'd show off some of my favorite bookish couples! This list is in no particular order! If you want to check out the other books that featured couples I love, check out my goodreads lists here!

11.) Juliette and Warner - Shatter Me Series by Tahreh Mafi
Okay, how could I have only included 10 couples? I'm already cheating with number 9 on the list! I was one of those people that went right along with all the story. When I read Shatter Me, I could see Juliette and Warner's chemistry, but I still absolutely hated him. By the second book, I could see some potential and I was downright sold by Ignite Me. I love Warner. He is such a complex character and I appreciated that he wasn't an open book.
10.) Bellamy and Clarke - The 100
Bellamy and Clarke are my favorite TV couple right now. I know they are canon in the books, but I haven't read them! It is my biggest hope that Bellarke will be endgame once the series ends! If you see the evolution of how Bellamy looks at Clarke, it's so heartwarming. They support each other through and through and I think they are perfect for each other. 
9.) Literally every character by Jenny Han

 Jenny Han is one of my favorite authors and the way she writes relationships is one of them. My heart aches for every single couple that she writes. I could never choose between any couple that she writes. (Okay, that's wrong. If I had to, Belly and Conrad would make it out alive.) Jenny Han makes you really love her characters and the relationships.  I don't think I've ever shipped something as hard as I have Belly and Conrad. (Except Percy and Annabeth!) 

 8.) Vane and Audra - Let the Sky Fall Series by Shannon Messenger
The relationship in Shannon Messenger's Let the Sky Fall series is downright sexy. I adore Vane and Audra's chemistry and I cannot wait to see them push through and get their happily ever after. Both Vane and Audra sacrifice so much for each other.
7.) Kestrel and Arin - The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
Okay, okay. I've only read the first book in Marie Rutkoski's Winner trilogy, but Kestrel and Arin cemented themselves into OTP status with just one book. They literally broke my heart in the first book, and I've heard that the second only breaks my heart more. I will read this second book. Maybe if I keep on telling myself that, it will actually happen. 
6.) Tarver and Lilac - Starbound Trilogy by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Even though I love all three core couples in the Starbound trilogy, Tarver and Lilac take the cake. I adore how their hate for one another grew into love. They have been through so much, together and apart, and I love how they stand by each other.. The last book, Their Fractured Light, literally made me so happy!
5.) Kady and Ezra - Illuminae Files by Amie Faufman and Meagan Spooner
Yet another couple written by Amie Kaufman! Although Kady and Ezra barely even see each other in Illuminae, their relationship is practically perfect. I never knew I could love a male protagonist as much as I do Ezra. He's pretty much perfection. I love how much he loves Kady and everything he does for her. 
4.) Percy and Annabeth - Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
To be honest, I should have put Percy and Annabeth on the number one spot! These two were the first couple I have ever shipped. Seeing the way their relationship progresses from 12 years old to 17 years is so amazing. I felt like I grew up with them! Seeing their relationship grow as I did was such a great experience. Percabeth is one of the main reasons why I want to read the Heroes of Olympus series. 
3.) Cress and Thorne - Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
Cress and Thorne are practically perfection. It was so cute to see Cress' schoolgirl crush evolve into love for an actual person. Thorne's progression as a character was astounding and I'm so glad he grew to love Cress and her eccentricities.  
2.) Sydney and Ridge - Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
If Cress and Thorne are practically perfection, Sydney and Ridge are. I love how they were friends before anything else. Also, that pen scene?! If you read the book, you know what I'm talking about. It was so amazing. Can a guy do that to me? I love listening to the album that goes along with the book because I actually know what it is referencing!
1.) Cinder and Kai - Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
I completely adore Cinder and Kai! If I could make any change to the Lunar Chronicles, it would be to see more scenes with them two! I am eagerly anticipating getting my hands on Stars Above, so I can read a little bit more about them two.

So those were my top ten OTPs! Have you read any of these books or ship these couples? What are some of your favorite couples in YA lit?

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

14 comments:

  1. Bellamy and Clarke- totally! They so need to be together by the end. The funny thing is when that show started I would never have pegged them together (haven't read the books) but now... yeah. :)

    Kady and ezra are a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone else agrees! I would have never expected them together judging by the first couple of episodes. In fact, I hated Bellamy with a vengeance! Now, he's one one of my favorite characters.

      Thanks Greg!

      Delete
  2. I ship so many of these!! Bellamy and Clarke, Kai and Cinder, Warner and Juliette, Percy and Anabeth, Cress and Thorne, and Kestrel and Arin! I especially love Warner and Juliette's relationship because of the way that we get to know Warner throughout the series. Lovely picks!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know we have he same tastes! I completely agree with you about Warner and Juliette's relationship. Talk about a 180!

      Delete
  3. Love Percy and Annabeth! Such a great slow burn romance!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/top-ten-tuesday-43/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a slow burn romance and Percy and Annabeth is the perfect example! Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  4. I need to, actually want to read sooo many books from your list. Specially Starbound trilogy and Shatter Me series. I don't think I need to scream to the universe anymore on how much I want Illuminae in my life. *sighs* I'm positively buying it after my finals end. And I so agree with you on the Lunar couples! :-) Great post!

    -Poulami @ Daydreaming Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Poulami! Trust me, I have so many books that I should have already read (Harry Potter, for one!) that I just haven't been able to get around to. When you do, I hope you love them and the couples as much as I do! :D

      Delete
  5. I love all these so much! And those I don't know are from books on my TBR that I'm even more excited to read :D I now realise that I forgot to add Percy and Annabeth on my own list, WHAT HAVE I DONE! Perhaps because in my heart Percy is mine ahah. Also I just realised that while I read your posts I was not officially following you O.O don't worry though, the situation was remedied immediately!
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me Anna! :D Same here for your list! I want to read at least ONE Maria V. Snyder book this year. She gets so much love from the community! Percy is my biggest book boyfriend out there, so I completely understand. I would probably faint if Percy Jackson was a real person! XD

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Great picks! I adore Shatter Me!! Let the Sky Fall sounds good I don't think I've heard of it. I like how you ended with Fullmetal Alchemist fanart - Edward & Winry. Where do you find these awesome arts? I adore them! - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! Let the Sky Fall isn't as well known as it should be. Though I did read the first and second book a while ago and my tastes have changed, I'm hoping that I won't be disappointed when the final book comes out this year. It has to do with air elementalals, which I've never read about before! I found all the art just looking through google and deviantart! Glad you enjoyed it. :D

      Delete
  7. YES. I ship basically all of these. Percy & Annabeth are so adorable. Ahh, and Tarver & Lilac are my absolute favorite. And Kady & Ezra. And Ridge & Sydney - the scene where he felt the vibrations of her voice. EEEPP. <33 I really need to listen to the album that goes with it though! I read it while I was on vacation so I didn't really have wifi at the time to listen to it.

    Really loved this list! :D
    -Cari @ My Addiction: Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cari! Ridge is so smooth and I cannot handle it! I really loved the album. It wasn't what I imagined at first, but I grew to really like it. Amie Kaufman knows how to write a good couple!

      Thanks for visitng Cari!

      Delete