Friday, August 5, 2016

The Happiness Tag!

Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! Lauren from Always Me tagged me. If you don't follow her, make sure that you check her out! Her blog is one of my favorites in the book community.

Here are the rules:

1. List 5 things that make you happy.
2. List 5 songs that make you happy.
3. List 5 bloggers that make you happy and let them know that they have been nominated.

5 Things That Make Me Happy 

1.) When a type of entertainment (books, TV, movies) makes me cry or changes my views on something.
2.) Dancing with my dog, Gabby!
3.) LAUGHING (who doesn't like that?)
4.) Singing in the shower
5.) Accomplishing something that I have put hard work into!

  
5 Songs That Make Me Happy

5.) Can't Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake

I'm stealing a page from Lauren's book on this! The song is one of my favorites of the summer and I can't help but dance along when I hear it!


 4.) You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift

I was obsessed with Taylor back in my preteen days and this TSwift classic just takes me back. It's such a fun tune and the music video is pretty epic.


3.) Wait a Minute! by Willow Smith

I cannot stop my obsession with this song. Some might not like it, but it's unique sound makes me really want to listen to the rest of her album!


2.) Hot Knife by Fiona Apple

I was thinking of putting Criminal on here, but that doesn't necessarily make my happy. This doesn't either, but it does make me groove, which then makes me happy. The music video and song gets so intense and I love every second of it!

1.) Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

I started listening to Rae's debut album again a couple weeks back and can't stop listening! Put Your Records On is such a great feel-good summer song!


5 Bloggers That Make Me Happy!

1.) Laura @ Blue Eye Books
2.) Jennifer @ Beautiful Spines
3.) Emily @ Paperback Princess
4.) Temecka @ Library of Tomes
5.) Deborah @ Hills of Books

Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!   

10 comments:

  1. I love it when a movie, tv show, or song can make me feel something genuine and / or make me think.

    I tried dancing with with my cat once...he didn't seem to like it. ;D

    Before now, the only Willow Smith song that I had heard was Whip My Hair Back and Forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best feeling!! Gabby, my dog, just kind of goes with everything we try. :D That's the only song I've heard by her before this too! My friend showed it to me and I was like blown back by how different it sounds. She's been under the radar for a bit, so I'm looking forward to what is going got happen next!

      Delete
  2. thank you so much lovely! <3 I love Can't Stop This Feeling as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jennifer!! :D It's the perfect summer jam! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for tagging and mentioning me Gennifer! I'm honoured that I make you happy :D My dog makes me happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Emily!! :D What type of dog do you have? Mine's a mutt. :)

      Delete
  4. Accomplishing something you've worked hard on is always exciting! Definitely makes me happy too. :)

    One of my favorite songs that makes me happy is this song called Happiness by Needotbreathe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems as if the song has an apt name. :D I'll have to check it out on youtube! Thanks for visiting Ashley!

      Delete
  5. Aw, thanks for the tag, Genni! Haha I was obsessed with T Swift in my preteen years, too! Her music videos are still on point :D I love her Fearless album classics in music video form (You Belong With Me and Love Story), Mine, and some of her recent ones like Everything Has Changed (with Ed Sheeran; the music video is so cute!!) and Blank Space!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Laura! I think she was every preteen girls idol. :D Her Fearless album is great. Whenever I'm in a funk, I just turn it on and I'm in a good mood again! Blank Space is one of my favorites of 1989, but I actually didn't love her album like I did before. Happy Reading Laura! :D

      Delete