Wednesday, August 3, 2016

TTT: Books I Would Buy Right This Second!

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! So I know it's Wednesday sorry not sorry but I am going to be participating in Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and Bookish

The topic for this week was Ten Books I'd Buy Right Now If Someone Handed You a Fully Loaded Gift Card

There are a ton books on my TBR, but there are a lot less that I would buy. I normally get my books from my library, and because I am a mood reader, what I get isn't necessarily what I read right away. Nevertheless, there are some books that I would buy right now


10.) Nerve by Jeanne Ryan
I just recently watched Nerve in the movies and really liked it. Obviously, the movie took some liberties (as usual), but I'd like to know the differences between the two.

9.) Banished and Returned by Kimberley Griffiths Little
Banished and Returned are the second and third books in Little's Forbidden series. I really enjoyed the first book (you can find my review here), and I'm highly anticipating getting my hands on these! I've heard some great things about the sequels, and I'm hoping that I'll love them! 

8.) The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Armentrout is one of my favorite authors. While I don't love all of her books, they do always entertain me. I've seen some mixed reviews for The Problem With Forever, and I want to know what my thoughts would be! 

7.) It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover 
talking about favorite authors, Hoover is one of them! I have adored all of her books and I hope this will not be the first! It Ends With Us just released this Tuesday, and it already has amazing reviews. It always takes so long for me to pick up Hoover's books, and I would die happily if I had her book in my hands. 


6.) Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite series. I own all the books, and have every single one of them signed! The only one I don't own is Stars Above, and I'd love to complete my collection! 

5.) Starflight by Melissa Landers
I've read two of Landers books and have enjoyed them a lot. Starflight released earlier this year, and I just haven't gotten around to it yet. The sequel, Starfall, is being released next February, so I'd like to read it before then! 

4.) Map of Fates by Maggie Hall 
Map of Fates is the sequel to The Conspiracy of Us, which I read earlier this June. I gave the book 3.75 stars (find my review here), and I am dying to get my hands on the second book! The third and final book is also being released next year, so I'd like to be caught up! 

3.) The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
The Winner's Crime is the sequel to The Winner's Curse, which I absolutely loved! I have no idea why I haven't read this yet, but I really want to! In fact, I'd like to read The Winner's Crime and The Winner's Kiss back to back!


2.) The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel 
Just yesterday I finished the sequel to The Book of Ivy, which I own. I'd like to own the duology so I can flip through from time to time.


1.) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh 
Last but not least isThe Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. To be honest, I don't need this book, but I'd really like to. Most likely I'll read it from my library, but I'd rather own it! 




If you participated in this week's TTT, make sure to link it down below! :D

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. I had no idea Nerve was based on a book - the movie trailer looked pretty thrilling! :)

    I hope you like Map of Fates - I'll definitely be looking for your review!

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know either until I watched a youtube video about book adaptions!

      Thanks Lauren! I don't know when I'll be reading it, though. I've been pushing for my library to get it in audiobook format, but I might have to read it in print.

      And of course! :D Happy Reading!

      Delete
  2. Oo, all of these look good! Especially Starflight. I've heard good things about it that have intrigued me. And that cover is beautiful! I'd like to read more sci-fi than I do, so yeah.

    I have Stars Above, but I haven't read it yet. I don't want it to be over!! Ahem. But it does look good and again I've heard people really like it. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing its Landers' best book yet! I've read the first two books in her Alienated series and really liked them, so I have high expectations. :D I think Landers is a great author to read if you want to get more into sci-fi.

      I don't want The Lunar Chronicles to be over either! :) I just want to hold on for a little bit longer. Thanks Ashley!

      Delete
  3. You have ALL the Lunar books signed? That is amazing! You're so lucky!
    I totally agree with The Problem With Forever--Armentrout is one of my favourite authors, and I would happily buy all her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I can't believe it either! A local(ish) bookstore booked her for the release of Winter and I was lucky enough to get all my books signed.
      I'm actually a bit worried about The Problem With Forever, to be honest. I have heard mixed reviews for it, so I'm hoping I love it!

      Delete
  4. I want to own so many of these - the wrath and the dawn, the winners crime,the problem with forever. I LOVED stars above, and own but really want to read The Book of Ivy and It Ends With Us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear you liked Stars Above!! I'm a bit hesitant to read it just because I know I'll have nothing new from the series after I do. The Book of Ivy is so great. It's a dystopian, but has a breath of fresh air I haven't encountered in quite a while! Thanks for visiting Jennifer!

      Delete
  5. I have so many of these on my to-buy list. I have been meaning to buy The conspiracy of us since it first come out and haven't got it yet, same with Starflight (although it has only been months rather than years) there have been so many good reviews for it so I really need to check that one out, wonder if the price has gone down a wee bit now? You should really buy The Wrath and The Dawn and the Winner's Crime they are both amazing books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they have! I hate that books are so expensive. At least the paperbacks are around $10, and not the $20 when they're hardback! I use my library a lot, which is the only reason I haven't bought half these books already. :D My library actually does have The Wrath and the Dawn and the Winner's Crime; I just need to take the plunge! Thanks for visiting Deborah! :)

      Delete