Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That are STILL on my TBR!



Hello and welcome to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I am participating in Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. This week's topic are books that are still on our TBR or shelves that we had before we started blogging. This isn't too hard for me, considering I've only been blogging for a bit over a year. 

Here are books that are still on my goodreads to-read list, in no particular order!

10.) Dissonance by Erika O Rouke
I've actually owned this book for over a year as well! My interest has slowly waned, but I still want to read the book. While I have no rush, I would like to have this read by the end of this year. 

9.) Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Forbidden tackles a heavy subject: incest. Due to this, Forbidden has a lot of talk surrounding it, and I'm interested to see what I think about it. I have been spoiled a little bit, but enough time has passed that I don't remember specifics.

8.) Prodigy by Marie Lu
Prodigy has been on my TBR ever since I read Legend my freshman year. To give you a time frame, next week I will be a senior. Though I liked Legend, I didn't love it. To be honest, my interest has all but disappeared for the series, and I don't think I'll be continuing on with the series.  

7.) Pulse by Patrick Carman
I'm pretty sure I have owned Pulse since the summer of 2014. I bought it when I discovered BookOutlet, and went a bit crazy, buying books left and right. I don't know much about Pulse, except that there are superpowers involved. 

6.) Gone by Michael Grant
I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this, but I don't think this book should be on my TBR anymore. I don't have any interest in it, and the fact that the series spans 7 books doesn't intrigue me either. 

5.) Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Guys, I met Victoria Aveyard on her book tour for Red Queen and bought the book before the release date, and I still haven't read it! I'm technically "currently reading" this, but I had to put it down for my summer reading assignments for school. Fingers crossed I'll be able to pick this back up!

4.) The Body Electric by Beth Revis
I need to read this book, and it seems as if November is going to be the time for Sci-Fi month! I've owned this book since it's release date in 2014, and I just need to get around to it. Beth Revis wrote the Across the Universe trilogy, which I loved. Hopefully I'll love this as well!  

3.) A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
I bought A Thousand Pieces of You near it's release date, where I actually met Claudia! The book has great reviews, but I've heard that insta-love is an issue. It's my goal to read this by the end of the year as well! 

2.) I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
I adore The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. In fact, it was my favorite book for quite a while. I think the reason I haven't read I'll Give You the Sun yet is because I don't want to be disappointed. 

1.) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Am I ashamed? Quite possibly. Am I going to read this anytime soon? Not likely. Will I eventually read it? Yes. Considering this is one of YA's most loved series, I intend to read it, but there is always something holding me back.




If you participated in TTT, feel free to link it down below! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!  

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

20 comments:

  1. Oooooo great list. I think a lot of these are on my TBR too!
    I have read Gone, but I only got another few books into the series before I stopped. I meant to go back to it, but haven't.
    Prodigy and Red Queen are both amazing! I really really hope you get round to reading them both!
    A Thousand Pieces of You and I'll Give You the Sun are both on my TBR and on my bookshelf, both still unread! Hopefully I'll get round to them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've heard similar things about the Gone series. Many people seem to start the series and never finish it. I know for sure that I'll read Red Queen, but I'm still on the fence about Prodigy. I'll never say never though! Fingers crossed you do and love them! Thanks for visiting. :D

      Delete
  2. There are a lot of books I want to read from this list. The only one I own is Red Queen. Great List.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariela! I'll be sure to check out your post. :)

      Delete
  3. I have a lot of these sitting on my shelf unread as well! I was really excited about A Thousand Pieces of You, but I heard about the Instalove as well :(

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that I'm not the only one! :D I think I can get over the insta-love though with some work. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Yes, there's insta-love on A Thousand Pieces of You. The concept is pretty interesting though but the romance kind of overthrown the story for me so I dropped the series.

    I'm actually happy that I read the Legend trilogy one after the other because right now, my interest in it is quite gone. If I hold of reading the next books, I'd probably end up like you -- somehow uninterested to pick up the next book. So I completely understand you.

    I've also read: Red Queen (it was okay, world is good, but book 2 isn't as good), Throne of Glass (is great. I enjoyed it but just not as much as everyone else. I've read 2 books but somehow not so psyched about reading book 3 but I will just not too soon), and The Body Electric (pretty good, the world is really interesting).

    I hope you end up enjoying these books though :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that the insta-love took over the series. Hopefully I won't feel the same. :D

      Maybe I'll pick it up? It seems well loved but I don't want to force myself into reading anything, you know?

      Glad to hear you liked Red Queen! I think I have to rid myself from the negative stereotypes associated with the series before I plunge back into it. The Throne of Glass books actually intimidate me. The series seems never ending!

      Thanks czai! Good luck to you, too!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love "I'll Give You the Sun". It is one of my favorite contemporaries. I hope you enjoy it! Also I don't think you are missing anything by not reading "Throne of Glass" or "Red Queen".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I'll Give You the Sun is a book I'm almost certain that I will love. I think I will give them both a go, just to see where I stand. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Legend was ok, but I will definitely say that Prodigy is better - I prefer her Young Elites series, though.

    Throne of Glass and A Thousand Pieces of You are both quite good, the instalove isn't all that bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing that, I might pick up Prodigy to see if I think it's an improvement. I prefer Young Elites as well! :)

      I don't think the insta love with bother me that much if the chemistry is there. :D

      Delete
  7. I'll Give You The Sun is my favorite read of 2015! It's VERY GOOD! Hopefully You get to read it soon! :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to emotionally prepare myself beforehand. :D

      Delete
  8. I remember when Pulse came out, that cover caught my eye. And the Marie Lu book looks good- a blogger told me a while back (wish I remember who it was) that I needed to read all her books ASAP, they were that good lol. So she's on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover of Pulse is one of the reasons I bought the book initially. :) I can see why the blogger said that! I really liked Marie Lu's The Young Elites. She has so a huge fan base. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm completely in the same boat with Throne of Glass -- eventually! Red Queen is high on my tbr and while I've never heard of Forbidden, it sounds interesting and I'm going to check it out.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series is so massive that I just keep pushing it back. I hope you add Forbidden to your TBR! :) Thanks for visiting Ellis!

      Delete
  10. Don't feel guilty for not starting Throne of Glass yet; I'm totally in the same boat! I also can't wait to get to I'll Give You the Sun! Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete