Wednesday, August 31, 2016

T5W: Books I Will Never Read

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today I am participating in weekly meme Top 5 Wednesday, which is hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. T5W was created by Lainey from gingerreadslainey. If you want to participate, check out the group's goodreads page here! The prompt for this week is books I will never read. Keep in mind that I don't mean to offend anyone. A book can't please everyone. 

Here are my five picks, in no particular order!


5.) Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins


Isla is the last book in Perkin's contemporary trilogy. I liked Anna and Lola's stories, but I had a lack of interest in reading the final book. Unfortunately, Isla seems like a run of the mill YA romance, and I don't see myself ever reading it. 
4.) Passion by Lauren Kate
Holy shit. I attempted to read Passion around 3 years ago, and it was an absolute and utter mess. Luce is the most weak-ass protagonist I've read, and Daniel creeps me the hell out. Sorry for the profanity, but I strongly dislike this series with a burning passion.... see what I did there?? :D

3.) Devoted by Hilary Duff
I "remember" reading Elixir, the first book in Duff's series, but I don't actually remember anything. The book didn't have any originality and lacked execution. Hilary Duff is also a queen in my book, and I'll just erase Elixir and it's sequels from my memory. 

2.) Rebels: City of Indra: The Story of Lex and Livia by Kenall and Kylie Jenner
This book is a joke. It's blatantly ghost written, and just has Kendall and Kylie's name slapped on it to generate sales. I've heard really bad things about it, making it the proverbial nail in the coffin. Even the synopsis can't hold my attention, so I know this book isn't right for me. 


1.) Allegiant by Veronica Roth
There is no way that I will be reading Allegiant. I've been spoiled for the major twist, and for some other things as well. My interest in the series have severely died down, and I don't see myself ever reading Allegiant.

What are books that you are planning on never reading? If you participated in T5W, link it down below! I'd love to check out your posts. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you won't be reading Isla. Isla was actually my favorite book in the series because I identified with her the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't have any interest unfortunately. I think I would enjoy the book, but I wouldn't LOVE it.

      Delete
  2. I also read the major twist in Allegiant but since I already have the book, I plan to read it. Don't even know when though because I never get the interest to actually read it -____-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it'll call to you one day?? We can always hope!😂

      Delete
  3. I couldn't even make it through the first Fallen book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I don't know how I made it through the first two!

      Delete
  4. LOL about Allegiant. I got about halfway through, and that's after waiting about a year and a half after reading Insurgent to finally pick it up. Plus the movie crushed any remaining interest - it's just so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had to read Allegiant, I'd have to go back and read Insurgent because I forgot EVERYTHING. And I don't necessarily want to do that! :D I haven't seen the movie yet because I've heard horrible things. Plus, the second part is going to be a TV show, so I'm not going to continue watching the series.

      Delete
  5. I remember reading Fallen by Lauren Kate, and just not getting into it. I didn't really connect with any of the characters, especially Luce. I haven't, and don't intend, to read the rest of the series, just because I don't see where the plot could possibly go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luce was my main issue. While her two love interests are manipulative and they're prime examples of an unhealthy relationship, Luce's narrative annoyed me the most. To be honest, I don't remember anything about the plot! XD

      Delete