Thursday, January 4, 2018

2018 Reading Challenges!!

Hey everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be talking about the challenges I'm participating in during 2018!


2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge

Genni has read 0 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide
As an avid goodreads user (profile here if you want to add me!), I am once again participating in the gooderads challenge. Every year I set my reading goal to 100 books. Sometimes I get exactly 100, sometimes I go over. While I would like to go over this year, I'm still setting it to 100, as I don't want to disappoint myself. However, if it looks like I'll surpass that goal early, I will be raising the challenge.

As for other challenges, I am participating in three other year-long challenges. This is my first time actively participating in a year-long challenge outside of goodreads, so I've decided to only do three for now, and choose some of the smaller levels.


The first is the Book to Movie Reading Challenge, hosted by Gather Together and Read!

For this challenge, I'll be doing level 3b: 4+ books from any release year, and 4+ movies from any release year.

This works out really well for me, as there are a lot of adaptions I want to read and watch over the years, but not necessarily a ton that are being released this year. I know I want to read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli, but the rest is up in the air. I might read Ready Player One, or I might read some books from the Harry Potter series.

The second challenge is the 2018 Finish the Series Reading Challenge, hosted by Celebrity Readers!

The goal of this challenge is to finish series that we've started prior to 2018. So yes, series that you begin this year don't count, but I sure do have a lot of series I've started and have never finished, so that's not a problem for me!

I'll be doing the C-list series finisher level. This means that I have to finish 1 to 4 book series. While this is a low number, I now don't have any pressure to go out of my way and finish series. If I finish more than four, great! If I don't, great!

Here are some of the series I hope to finish this year.

Come Back to Me companion trilogy by Mila Gray - I've read the first and third books of this series, so now I only have to read the second (Stay with Me) to finish up! Lucky for me, I just got this book for Christmas. :)

Frostblood Saga by Elly Blake - I read the first book in this series in 2017, and the second book is recently published. By the end of June this year, the whole series will be completed, and I hope to have this series done by the end of the year!

Reawakened Trilogy by Colleen Houck - This will be a hard one for me to complete. I've read the first two books in the trilogy, but I actually DNF'd the third last year. However, I want to give the series another go, and I also just want to finish the book and get it over with.

Last but not least is the 2018 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge, hosted by Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

The goal of this challenge is to read witchy books - so books that include a witch as a main character or includes major witchcraft elements. There is a prize in this one, a 10 dollar gift card to Book Depository. Readers are already given one entry by signing up, and additional entries by reviewing the books. To be honest, I have no idea what books I am going to read, but I know I read at least one witchy book a year, and thought this was a great challenge to meet other bloggers as well as get more recommendations for witchy books!




All the buttons for these challenges will be on the bottom of my blog, next to prior challenges. If you want to know more about these challenges, click the link! All the links are to the sign-up posts. :)


What challenges are you doing in 2018?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading and good luck on your challenges!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

8 comments:

  1. Great challenges to participate in! I especially love the finish the series challenge. One of my goals for 2018 is to finish series I started in and before 2017. I have a lot that I haven't finished yet! :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way! There are a ton of series I start, and then I just don't get around to the second book. I decided to shoot low just so I don't get disappointed in myself. :D

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. These look like great challenges! I love the sound of the book-to-movie challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm getting super excited for them! Thank you Angela! :D

      Delete
  3. My goodreads goal is 100 books as well this year. Good luck with all your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is fantastic and I can't wait to see the adaptation! I'm also really excited to read Ready Player One! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got it from my library and I'm about to read it! Here's hoping the adaptation is done well. The trailers look amazing. :)

      Delete